LED Lighting Pricing Charts

Reposted from my home forum (thescmas.com) as I figured this might be helpful to some of you.

Trying to figure out which LED light to buy? Here's some charts for you...

Picking a 150w Metal Halide bulb was a piece of cake compared to all the LED lighting options out there. So I've created a few charts to help us shoppers out. I've tried to make it as accurate as possible but I'm sure there will be a few errors here and there (always is). Additionally, I've heard that Bridgelux LED's have lower par than CREE's or that they're of lower quality. No idea how true that is so I can't account for it.

That said, here's the chart sorted a few different ways.
First is by $/watt
Second is $/watt with an extra $100 added on to the RapidLED kits as they don't come with everything. That way we're at least able to fake comparing apples to apples when looking at a kit compared to a complete fixture. Note, this is the last column on the right.
Third is straight price for those looking for something within a given budget.

Here you go -- enjoy and if you buy something, please give us a review and post pics!

$/Watt

$/Watt with $100 added to all RapidLED

By Price Low to High

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice charts, did you put this together?

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice Chart! I was hoping to see my CADLights 24" LED unit in there.....then again....I think their rare for a reason. But my light has been decent so far! Its 45watts and the PAR levels are pretty decent. HOWEVER....I am saving up for either the New AI Vega or Sol Blue...I personally believe AI has the nicest light in the market....within their price range of course...otherwise we're talking Radion or the Orphek.

KhensuRa;143012 said:
Nice charts, did you put this together?
Ya, for my own purposes but I figured other people might find them useful.

Sorry about not adding the Cadlights -- I wasn't familiar with them. I pulled much of this from only what was the most popular options out there.

Here is the thing though. The AI at 72 watts has way ( almost double) higher par values than my 120 watt no lense fixture over a 24 inch cube. The coverage of the two lights is similar. I also have a mazarra and even though it has lenses it dosent have great par values. So I'm not sure what makes a fixture a good value. IMO the Ai sol is the best value fixture I own because the idea is to save $$ on electricity yet have awesome par.

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great Charts. I am looking into converting my 34 Red Sea Max to LEDs, does anyone have a suggestion for what I should get? 18" deep 23x15 surface.