Lets see what ya got

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am trying to come up with a functional but cool (non slapped together) way to mount my LED fixture over a 65 rimless tank.

Who's doing what? How are you doing a wall mount for your lights?

and of course PICTS BRAH!

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ohhhh thats a def possibility
could frame one up real easy, then just get the light hangers that are adustable, can raise and lower it 24 inches with those

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'm doing something like this for my light that will go over my macro tank

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Syn, have a link to that specific product? Right now I'm trying to figure out what I could use to possibly do for a riser for 300DD hood. The ones posted a bit further above are great, but I don't think are going to be good/safe for the weight. Heck still need to see if studs are where I'd need them anyways.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, that works for me. Unscrew the hooks and bolt it into side or rig it into some eye hooks. But realizing I probably can only lift like a foot before I run out of ceiling since I assume especially with a combined unit like that one, it's got a certain amount of clearance it needs too. (Top of tank is above eye level.)

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lots of good ideas, Keep em coming, was trying to think of a way to adapt this the grey levever in the middle locks the saw holder in place,
i would bolt the silver to the wall but then how to mount the light to the blue center piece

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ive trended towards the floating canopy, but ive done a shelf above the tank with the light hanging off the bottom of the shelf from a chain. Ive also used a decorative corbel in the past

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The more I think about it the more i am liking the floating canopy too. Would be easy to build and look pretty slick

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looks good. How are you finishing and hanging? I'm looking for a new and slick looking way to hang mine in the new house with plaster ceiling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Going to match it to the stand. Appliance white paint. Going to use a beefier version of the hangers I pictured above. I'll have some spares if interested

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk