WTB Seal Kit for Reeflo Hammerhead

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Title says it looking locally for a seal kit. Any vendors carry them? Or members have them on hand?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Boo to that Angel! They are $27 from Reeflo. I like what you're talking about Scott. It is a Baldor pump.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya they are a bit more pricey but they are Aquarium Engineering, who builds products to last for life. Pretty sure you would never have to worry about them ever again.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
For the tool perhaps, the seals will always wear out, just depends on how fast. I deal with a lot of these in my line of work and have changed hundreds.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You guys talking about bad seals jinxed me. My hammerhead has a nice spray pattern on the wall from a leaking seal.....ugh!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Sorry man! Mine gave me a bit of a warning it was making a weird noise and was slowly leaking the next day.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine did something while at the show yesterday. Came home and saw a spray pattern, today, nothing....its possessed

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Scott, do you know if this link to a seal kit at Grainger is the same seal kit that I would use on a Barracuda with Baldor motor?
Ya, its the same and will fit. I used that one to re-do my baldor motors recently and it fit with no issue. Although, reeflo recently re-did their seal and they are supposed to be much better now. Scott and I bought some when we were at macna. Havent run them yet so dont know if they do last longer, but might be worth considering

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya, its the same and will fit. I used that one to re-do my baldor motors recently and it fit with no issue. Although, reeflo recently re-did their seal and they are supposed to be much better now. Scott and I bought some when we were at macna. Havent run them yet so dont know if they do last longer, but might be worth considering
Excellent! Thank you!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think I got it replaced. It's back up and running and no leaks this far. Had a piece of egg crate stuck in the impeller! Was totally blocking one of the passages! Fingers crossed.

Only trouble I had was the ceramic bearing for the impeller was stuck to the drive shaft pretty good, I couldn't really tell what was going on since it was all covered in muck. I tried to pull it with a pair of pliers which crushed the old ceramic which made it super easy to remove, lol. Luckily there was the replacement in the kit I bought, and I bought 2 of the seal kits so I now have a backup!