Lighting change coming

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;658598 said:
So did you make a decision? I am a if ain't broke don't fix it kinda guy so if T-5's have worked why change it? If you are determined to change it I would vote option 4 and go with two of the Radion Gen 4 Pros and T-5's.
I have not made my decision yet because it has been a battle with all if different lights. I do love t5 but the 6 bulbs I have now is just not enough do to tank being 36x36. The spread is just not there.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;n658608 said:
I have not made my decision yet because it has been a battle with all if different lights. I do love t5 but the 6 bulbs I have now is just not enough do to tank being 36x36. The spread is just not there.
From our talks before you want to keep everything within the canopy for aesthetics, I would think that might rule out the 250w MH because you are going to want that 8-12 inches above the water line right? So if MH is out, and 6x t5's don't give you the coverage....I think you have your answer. LED's and t5's in some sort of combo. I run my t5's as supplementation 4 hours a day (2 by 2 hours), and my LED's are set to run 24x7 but ramp up from 2% to what ever their full power is.

I like Mikes idea of the Radion G4's x 2 and the t5's as you see fit.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Too funny. They should be here tomorrow. I'll text you when they arrive.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Got the lights got the lights got the lights got the lights got the lights???????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.DiSilicate;n658841 said:
Got the lights got the lights got the lights got the lights got the lights???????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet....LOL