Lighting over Colorado Sunburst?

Hi Guys! I was wondering which type of lighting are you using over your Sunburst anemone's? Currently, I have minde under 400 watt Radiums, but I want to set up a dedicated tank for them. I plan on running Kessils and was wondering if anyone else runs Kessils or other LED lights? I have read that Kessil's can shift the color on them. Any truth to this? Does anyone run LED's and have the Sunburst keep it's awesome, orange color? Thanks!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
From my personal experience and what I've seen from my buddy that sells them is you would be better off keeping them under halide if you want to retain that deep orange. I have heard rumors that these yellow sunbursts people are selling got yellow under Kessil. This is hearsay however.

my good friend got more pinks greens and yellows out of his under AI leds but they still retained some orange. They were gorgeous but not the deep orange with yellow tips that allot of people look for.

Walter White;351634 said:
From my personal experience and what I've seen from my buddy that sells them is you would be better off keeping them under halide if you want to retain that deep orange. I have heard rumors that these yellow sunbursts people are selling got yellow under Kessil. This is hearsay however.

my good friend got more pinks greens and yellows out of his under AI leds but they still retained some orange. They were gorgeous but not the deep orange with yellow tips that allot of people look for.
Thanks for your time. I agree, halides would be the best to use for them. I contacted the person I bought it from and he has been running LED's for a few years so that gives me hope that Kessil's just might work. I really don't want to set up another tank with halides and would rather run the Kessil A360we's. Thanks!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
this was 5 sunbursts all grown under 10hrs 420nm blue and a 3 hrs of blues combined with whites

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;351668 said:
this was 5 sunbursts all grown under 10hrs 420nm blue and a 3 hrs of blues combined with whites

Those look great chad. One day i will get one lol

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
My sunburst turned more red under the kessil a360. Did better under halides, but the best under T5 (what I'm using now)

No prob best of luck. Keep us posted. They are very hardy IMO. I have had it go thru my mp40 twice and live. You should be fine with whatever you choose

My main objective is to keep its color vibrant orange. My 400 watt Radium is doing a great job of that but I do not want to run another 400 watt fixture. I just hope the LED will do well.

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
I am a huge Kessil fan and my LPS do great but not so much for the CSA. I've tried them from different sources and they soon start shrinking. T5's or MH. IMO.