Lime green?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any way to change the lime green text in my setting? Having a hard time with it, mabye to the fact im getting old but it blur's together

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm with you on the color scheme. I think we should be able to change the overall theme under your personal settings.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, that didn't work as well as i had hoped. You can go to settings in the top bar and down into general settings and look for skins. Do not use Broncos. You can't seen the text in the side boxes after that. Which seems to indicate that something has changed deeper in the system and if overriding skin settings. I did select the forum default after two other failures but the lime green still shows up.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I absolutly hate the lime green, not sure where it came from or who changed it but I wish it would go back to black text for sure.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hmmmmm what's this talk about lime green text? What platform are you guys seeing this problem? ie Firefox, internet explorer, google chrome, safari, droids or iPhones? Also what is it that is green? Can someone post a screenshot of the problem so we can try and figure what's going on for some of you?

Reason I ask is because I don't have any issues on any computer I use nor on tapatalk. So I'm curious what the elements are that people are using that are having issues.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;185892 said:
Hmmmmm what's this talk about lime green text? What platform are you guys seeing this problem? ie Firefox, internet explorer, google chrome, safari, droids or iPhones? Also what is it that is green? Can someone post a screenshot of the problem so we can try and figure what's going on for some of you?

Reason I ask is because I don't have any issues on any computer I use nor on tapatalk. So I'm curious what the elements are that people are using that are having issues.
I'm on Google Chrome and I have black text on white/gray with blue headers...same on my phone. No lime green here.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;185892 said:

[attachment=62308:name]

Sorry took a shot of my work screen on the right

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Weird...is it just your chat window that's lime green? Or does it also appear within threads?

If you go to settings -> (my account) general settings -> then look for "miscellaneous options" at the bottom and go to "forum skin" you can change the page appearance.

Haven't figured out how to change options in the chat window...working on it. ;)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
How weird I've never seen that myself. Let me forward this on to a more qualified person than myself and well see if we can figure our what the heck.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried logging on with multiple browsers from this computer, including IE 9, and I can't recreate that green text...

odd, but it seems like it must be an issue with settings either in the browser or on the webpage itself.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;185902 said:
I tried logging on with multiple browsers from this computer, including IE 9, and I can't recreate that green text...

odd, but it seems like it must be an issue with settings either in the browser or on the webpage itself.
It is here (at work) and at home for me as well all on IE

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;185904 said:
It is here (at work) and at home for me as well all on IE
Ok, thanks Mike...I figured it out. I recreated the green text in IE with the default forum settings.

It's a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer. In your address bar for IE there is a symbol to the right of the magnifying glass that looks like a torn page. If you click that symbol you will revert back to an older "coding" for IE and the green text will disappear and go back to normal.

Took me a second...been a while since I've been a mod on any forums, but this has come up in the past elsewhere.

:)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Right on Khalis!!!! Good work my man!!! Dang does this mean more zoas? Lol

Hopefully this solves everyone's problems. Let us know if it does not and well keep digging.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol, nah no worries Chad, glad to help. IE does some crazy stuff to me at work since I need to use it for data entry. That compatibility button keeps pages from crashing on a regular basis. ;)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine booted me too after switching. Did it go away once you log back in?

You may have to open up the browser while you're logged out, click the compatibility button, then log in. At least that's what I did when it finally worked. IE can be a PITA sometimes.