Little Fish's Tiny Tank of Awesome!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So im entered in a pico tank contest on another site, but i figured i would post it here as well cuz you guys are awesome! No modifications are allowed and i have to have added everything i want by Jan 1st. :( Hopefully this will change considering the earliest we could start was Nov. 1

Anyways, here is what it looks like currently:

The plan, hopefully is to do a mix zoas and LPS, im hoping that the light is good enough for them. Definitely good enough for the zoas, dont know about the LPS. But i would like to put a little clutch of sexy shrimp in there and maybe a yellow clown goby.

Wish me luck!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, there is some debate over that. They want to do a $100 gc to Dr. Fosters and Smiths, but if not, bragging rights are cool enough!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
cool, maybe ill have to do an acan forest or something!

Those look super cool but i cant do any mods to the tank, thanks though!

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Weak PCs or actinic T5s produce all kinds of crazy colors in lords, the trick wholesalers are using is to throw a bunch of regular wild lords into a holding tank with only T5 actinics and leave them there for months, let all the crazy colors develop then $ell them for WAY more as ultras. As soon as the fish store or hobbyist get them under halides the colors begin to dull out. I have some nice ones if you are looking for frags, some zoas as well.
If you only have halide in your DT, you can find a nice shady spot under a shelf or what have you, just so the coral gets mostly indirect lighting.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
18 W 50/50 14,000°K actinic and 7,400°K daylight lamp

Those are the lights on the tank, im not a coral expert, so what do you guys think would do well under them?

And wicked demon, i would love to get some frags at some point! Ill hit you about it in the near future hopefully!

can you at least change the bulbs? I would keep the 50/50, but swap the other out for a figi blue, or super actinic type of bulb, you wont get the super growth, but would have a sweet lookin nano.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i picked up some corals and a gaggle of sluts (6 sexy shrimp). The tank is staring to come together, but there will be more to come. I really really really hope i can make it to frag swap to pick up some more goodies.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That looks exactly like the birdsnest I brought for DBTC same plug, same color. Just to verify with you, is it a Birdsnest - Maroon with Maroon Polyps?

Anyways I hope it does well for you ;)

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
So if this was my lil tank id glue frags to the rock work to allow more of a natural look. Being a contest you are entered in id go all out, use small lr to glue other frags to then glue it to the rw. Looks good but you want those braging wright correct?