live marine feeders and tank cleaners bulk order feeler

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hello guys and gals. Im getting a bulk live food order together for next week. if you are interested let me know ASAP

Why feed live?

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]THE NATION'S ZOOS AND PUBLIC AQUARIUMS AND PROFESSIONAL AQUARIUM KEEPERS MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH, GROWTH, AND REPRODUCTIVE ACTIVITY FOR THEIR SPECIMENS BY USING LIVE FOODS. DRY AND FROZEN FOODS LACK CERTAIN NUTRIENTS LIKE ESSENTIAL ENZYMES THAT FREEZING AND DRYING DESTROY AND ARE AVAILABLE ONLY IN LIVE FOODS.

Here is what is all available[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Adult Brine Shrimp so your captive fish and invertebrates have the benefit of natural color as well as improved health and vitality.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Adult means pre-egg producing size as eggs reduce the nutritional value of the shrimp.[/FONT]

Palaemonetes vulgaris
This most durable little marine shrimp, Palaemonetes vulgaris, is an incredible eater of encrusted algaes and detritus in the marine aquarium. In fact, this little shrimp (maximum size is one inch) will out-eat small ocean hermit crabs by 10 to 1. For you mini reefers out there this new live janitor shrimp is perfect. The shrimp will not harm live coral, tube worms, or any other invertebrate larger than itself.Unlike the freshwater ghost shrimp that will only live in saltwater for maybe 10 minutes, this saltwater feeder will live a complete life cycle in your tank or until captured by some hungry fish. We have customers that say they can go on a week's vacation or so and be assured that the fish are being fed properly without those messy and unreliable dry feeders. Just put 100 saltwater feeders in the tank and leave. The fish get them as they can and by the time you get back from vacation the fish are happy and the tank is not rotten from an auto feeder getting stuck open. What an ideal creature.

Assorted Saltwater Feeder Fish (size approx. 1")
.The size of these Saltwater Feeders makes them an attractive feeder for marine predators

LIVE MARINE ROTIFERS
Approximate number: 10 per ml or 10,000 per liter. Size is 90 microns long or 1/2 the size of brine shrimp nauplii.

Amount to feed is very dependent on the number of filter feeders and size of your marine aquarium. A good starting point is 2 pints per week per 50 gallon medium coral density aquarium. Also, it is the only live starter food for newly hatched marine fish larvae

Cleaner Clams (Mercinaria campenchienses)

Size: Average 2 Inches

This is a very durable clam and is ideal for the home marine aquarium. In the wild it is one of Mother Nature's best water cleaners that one can find. They eat any floating or suspended items from debris to live algae (phytoplankton). If you are looking for that perfect refugium janitor, this is it.
They range in size from 2 inches to 4.5 inches in cross-shell dimension. They eat by way of having 2 siphons, one drawing in water with fresh oxygen supply and planktonic or micro suspended debris and the other siphon expels the waste products. The food that is caught on the gills is swept to the mouth or stomach.
Some scientific reports say that this clam can live up to 25 years if it has an adequate supply of food.
These clams do not desire much light and in fact they will try to burrow into the sand or mud for cover. They tolerate a wide range of temperature (35 to 90 degrees F.).

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
A little early yet maybe, but I need to get live vulgaris, depending exactly when you are ordering for, I could take a smaller amount to moderate. (Unsure ordering quanities/price?)

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
prices im still working on getting the lowest possible but they should be about this
shrimp will run .35 each or .25 on qty of 100 or more
brine is $3.5 per oz
clams are $2 each
feeder fish .50 each
rotifers $8 per lb

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If the order is arriving in more than a week from now I could probably do 100 vulgaris, otherwise I don't think it would be safe doing any more than like 20 for my 2 Observation tanks (immediate snack for tusk/small lion maybe wrasses and survivors hiding in rocks keeping QT a bit cleaner as I'm also have a few corals/rock under obs.)

Or if you do it at all regularly, I'd love to jump in on another be it several weeks or months away.