lobos receding and hard to feed, any tips

greennate

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
they seem to eat so slow,
maybe i could pull them out and put them in a bowl or something?
whats the bigest food they could eat.

also gonistria fading away and a moon coral , dont seem to want to eat?
what foods dou all use?
any tips
thanks

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
until you can figure out why it is recessing. My guess is your alk levels are at about 5-6 when they should be 8-11.

just a cup of water that the lobo will fit in. full it with tank water and add live phyto (not the bottled dead garbage) and add either freeze dried cyclopeeze or thawed out frozen cyclopeeze. and let it sit for about 20 min then put it back in your tank.

greennate

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
alk is between 9-12 always, i iest regularly. i dose.

great thank you, i wil ltry that later tonight.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't feed them at all.

Stop feeding them if you nitrates are at 100 like you said in your other post. They don't need to eat all that much and the nitrate and phosphate will kill them in the end. They will get all that they need from photosynthesis and then they can manage to catch a few tidbits when you feed the rest of the tank.

I have never target fed a LPS and they can easily double in size every quarter, or so. It is not worth fouling a tank to get them to grow faster. I currently have a caulestera with over 250 heads on it that started with 2 around valentines day.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;280329 said:
I don't feed them at all.

Stop feeding them if you nitrates are at 100 like you said in your other post. They don't need to eat all that much and the nitrate and phosphate will kill them in the end. They will get all that they need from photosynthesis and then they can manage to catch a few tidbits when you feed the rest of the tank.

I have never target fed a LPS and they can easily double in size every quarter, or so. It is not worth fouling a tank to get them to grow faster. I currently have a caulestera with over 250 heads on it that started with 2 around valentines day.

+1 I had not read your other post if your nitrates are that high your going to loose coral because of it. And you don't have to feed LPS. You can but they will live just fine without it.