Looking for large sump

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just spec'd out a 60x18x18 sump. In Acrylic, it was going to be over $500, so I just went and ordered 1/4" glass and made it myself for less than $200.

Acrylic is getting high...

See if you can find some cheap 125 to 180G tanks on CL, or the like. I recently saw an old tenecor 180 for like $100.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;266333 said:
I just spec'd out a 60x18x18 sump. In Acrylic, it was going to be over $500, so I just went and ordered 1/4" glass and made it myself for less than $200.

Acrylic is getting high...

See if you can find some cheap 125 to 180G tanks on CL, or the like. I recently saw an old tenecor 180 for like $100.
Sorry to hijack Josh....... Doug is that rimless then? If so what thickness of glass did you use?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. 1/4" glass. The few baffles will give it strength. It is plenty strong enough if you use a high PSI silicone like DOW 999, or the like - the Aqueon stuff is high PSI.

In most tanks the trim does nothing. The AGA/Aqueon tanks have molded trim, but the older oceanic tanks have just mitered trim for looks.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm glad someone from the forum got it. I almost bought it even though I have no place to put it! Pictures didn't do it justice!