Looking for large tank that will be good for an in the wall tank!!

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm looking for something 125+ gallons (prefer acrylic with something this size, but willing to check out what you have).

It's going to be built into the wall, and my max size is 8' long maybe just a bit longer by 4' high, by 3' wide. For those that like to measure in inches, thats roughly 100" long by 48" tall by 36" deep. Thats the max, and i'd like to keep it 100 gallons or better. I would like to add a powder blue tang, and some other larger fish in this tank... I can go higher on the tank height, but i'd like room for the fug and what not...

Just thought i'd try here before i order something custom... Let me know if you have something or know where i might be able to find something or the sort! Thanks in advance.

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd really like to maximize the space and keep it at 400 gallons or more, but might settle for a few couple hundread gallon tanks... 110" by 48" by 36" is roughly 750 gallons, and that would be my largest tank ever obviously and i could put whatever i wanted in it but i know with a large tank comes a large price tag and im ready for that but i'd really like to find something local rather than have to pay for shipping on an 8' long tank...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow so would the magnet scrubber be 2 feet long and require hard labor or regular size and tedious? lol

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I more worried about the water changes... If it were 750 gallons it would take roughly 4.75 buckets of salt, thats roughly $300 just to get the water salty enough...

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah he PM'd me very shortly after i post this thread... I'm thinking about it, would like something a little higher though. But definately an option!

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
You could always build a woody I bet you have all the tools you need already.

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;90492 said:
There was a 550g on craigslist for $750
Yeah went and looked at it and the front acrylic is super scratched... This would be a display tank (obviously) in the game/theatre room...

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;90494 said:
You could always build a woody I bet you have all the tools you need already.
Good idea, i'll research that a bit and see just how easy it... I have alot of tools, but if i save a few hundread bucks building a woody i wouldnt have any issue buying what i needed (another excuse for new tools!). I'll dig around and see what i can find on building a woody of this size.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a thought but they make kits for that, or you can hit up a body shop and get the 3000grit sand paper for a DA and do it, its pretty easy. IMO

If the tank dims work for ya.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I have one around that size if you wanna take a look though mine isnt the finest quality ever it works.