LotsaFishies

C

Chris

rockys_pride;56395 said:
Anyone ever buy from these guys? http://www.lotsafishies.com/livestockfish.php

SCMAS from Cali says they do GB's all the time and really like them. They have some real good prices too.
Prices are good but, personally, I would have to investigate their intentions with regard to supplying white- and blacktip reef sharks. Not a sound practice in many cases.

And garden eels? Who the heck has a setup that can accommodate a garden eel?

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris;56397 said:
Prices are good but, personally, I would have to investigate their intentions with regard to supplying white- and blacktip reef sharks. Not a sound practice in many cases.

And garden eels? Who the heck has a setup that can accommodate a garden eel?
+1, they are in it for the $ not the customer, and Ill bet the customer service sucks too considering they probably get called out on their live stock all the time.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol Josh and I do group buys every now and then and I know that our prices are lower than what those guys list on their website!

We may not price everything out individually, but all you have to do is ask!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
the difference between buying online and locally? Besides supporting locals, which I'm all for? If I buy from a LFS then I can see what I'm getting. With the gb, I can't see what I'm buying before I actually get it. Guess I could show up to pick it up and stiff the guy, but what good does that do? And there's a dead fish policy online, or if my fish dies will the locals give me my money back or get another one for me? I was under the assumption that I'm SOL if this happens. Before too many people get fired up, I'm still buying locally, just doing this for agrument sake

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not what I'm saying, I'd feel like crap if I ordered a fish and didn't like it when I go to pick it up so I stiffed you by not buying it. For whatever reason I didn't prepay.

Also, if the fish dies a bit later, I'd be out of $$. With online I could return it, or they could send another one

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
true, But I also am charging half the price as anywhere on most things, with that also come the risk

I could charge LFS prices and offer 7 days, but if its somthing expensive best stick to the LFS that way you get exactly what you want.

Also there are a a few fish that even the large online places will not warrenty