LPS Issues

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
For some reason, LPS (specifically candy cane and blasumas) don't do well in my tank. Softies and SPS do great. Other brains, and frog spawn do well. Do these LPS like lower ALK or something?

Some info about my setup
72 Gal
40 Gal sump/fuge
2 -250W 14K 4 39W T5's (2 super antic and 2 10K)
Cal 410
Alk 8-9
Mag 1250
PO4 .06ppm
No3 >10ppm
Good flow at the top of the tank, and I've tried these high and low, always have a slow decline.

Ideas?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good point, I feed 2-3 times a week at night, and have two different acans that are doing well. But to ans your question, no, don't target feed anything except the two brains. I'll try that.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
my candy canes eat a lot so maybe that's it. Blastos too as well as my lobo and acans. I just fed them all now actually. Takes forever to spot feed them Since i usually go in 2-3 times. First time I do a little in the water to get them hungry. Wait 5 then go back and all their feelers or w/e they're called are out so I spot feed but lots floats away. Wait 5 more minutes and do the same thing and they grab on tight. Crabs and shrimp eat the rest as wel as the fish in their night off colors lol... sleep eating

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
No3 is nitrate right that's really high to wat I have learned mine is sitting at 1ppm

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;148978 said:
First time I do a little in the water to get them hungry. Wait 5 then go back and all their feelers or w/e they're called are out so I spot feed but lots floats away. Wait 5 more minutes and do the same thing and they grab on tight. Crabs and shrimp eat the rest as wel as the fish in their night off colors lol... sleep eating
I Do the same thing. Welcome back Dave.