MACNA 2014 "Drawing Ticket Rebate" Program

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hello MASC members! We are back with our 2nd promotion that again involves you, your Local Fish Stores', and getting FREE MACNA 2014 Drawing Tickets!!!

Here are the details:

2. MACNA/LFS Drawing Ticket Rebate

Dates of promotion: July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] - August 29[SUP]th[/SUP]

Guidelines:

MACNA 2014 will provide all participating LFS’s with a unique identifying stamp and inkpad to use for this promotion. Any time you make a purchase at a participating LFS, the LFS staff can mark the back of your receipt with their unique identifying stamp. You then need to save your stamped receipts. You can then bring your ORIGINAL stamped receipts from any of the participating LFS’s to the Drawing Area when you attend MACNA on any day, and can redeem drawing tickets in the amount of 10% of your total qualifying purchases up to $1,500. Photocopied receipts are disqualified from the promotion. Drawing tickets will be awarded at their face value (25 tickets/$25)

For example: If a you buy a protein skimmer costing $300 at LFS A, and an additional $100 in livestock from LFS B, and bring both receipts to the show with the proper markings, we will give you $40 in drawing tickets to use in the MACNA drawings, as a thank you for being patrons of our Local Fish Stores.

MACNA 2014 staff will render the stamp on the receipts indelible, and will return the receipts to you in case you need them for warranty purposes.

The maximum redemption value per person is $1,500 in receipts, which equals $150 in drawing tickets.

Stamps will be available at participating shops next week, so starting July 1st, stop in at your favorite LFS, and if you have been on the fence about making a purchase for your aquarium, now's the time because we will reward your purchases with Drawing Tickets when you come to MACNA!!!

The stores that are participating in this promotion are:

Participating Local Fish Stores:

Animal Attraction
2518 11[SUP]th[/SUP] Ave
Greeley, CO 80631
970-353-3400

Alpine Koi & Reef
2715 E. Mulberry St.
Ft. Collins, CO 80524
970-224-3663

Great White Aquatics
4112 S. College Ave.
Ft. Collins, CO 80525
970-267-3474

The Fish Crew
1414 E Harmony Rd. #1
Ft. Collins, CO 80525
970-286-2245

Aqua Imports
2690 28[SUP]th[/SUP] St. #C
Boulder, CO 80301
303-444-6971

Liquid Kingdom
6470 W 120[SUP]th[/SUP] Ave. #D5
Broomfield, CO 80020
303-460-8487

Elite Reef
8410 Wadsworth Blvd. Unit F
Arvada, CO 80003
720-379-8076

About Fish Inc.
7236 N. Federal Blvd.
Westminster, CO 80030
303-429-1941

Aquamart
3255 S Wadsworth Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80227
303-716-5700

South Broadway Tropicals
3372 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113

Fluid Designers
2721 W. Oxford Ave. #4
Sheridan, CO 80110
303-927-7379

Todd’s Tropical Fish
10015 E Hampden Ave.
Denver, CO 80231
303-338-1331

Aquatic Art Inc.
9337 Commerce Center Circle #3
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
720-253-8660

Neptune’s Tropical Fish
1970 E County Line Rd
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
303-798-1776

Tropical Pet Oasis
10336 S Dransfeldt Rd #12
Parker, CO 80134
303-590-5040

Mr. Aqua USA
105 E. Fillmore St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
719-577-9898

Pet Paradise
1115 Pueblo Blvd Way
Pueblo, CO 81005
719-564-6191

Get out there and support your favorite shops, and if you have any questions feel free to post here or PM us!

Cheers~!
CORAL 2014
MACNA 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Out of all the money I spent today only 1 store stamped my receipt. I live in the springs do I need to revisit all the stores to obtain the stamp on my original dated receipts? My stamp was on the stamp card and my receipts have dates on them showing that I purchased within the timeframe guidelines.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
More frustrated at myself for assuming that a dated original receipt was all I needed to submit and not reading that I needed a stamp on the receipt AND the stamp card. What are my options at this point?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;318001 said:
More frustrated at myself for assuming that a dated original receipt was all I needed to submit and not reading that I needed a stamp on the receipt AND the stamp card. What are my options at this point?
The receipts are dated and all our sponsors have really nice people working for them. I would be willing to bet they will stamp them for you.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Yeah I just don't want to have to spend another whole day driving around to get them stamped since they are original receipts dated the stamp seems a needless overkill

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
You must ask for a stamp, the stores won't just do it for you. Each exhibitor has a unique stamp and color, which prevents the reuse of receipts. It also lets our participating LFS know who has come to their store due to the MACNA promotion. Getting the LFS to talk to customers about MACNA, showing them that there's good business to be had by promoting education is the goal. For you, it's a chance to have some fun and earn drawing tickets.

It is incumbent upon the purchaser to request a stamp on an original receipt.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
I have to give my receipt to the raffle desk to get tickets, they can stamp to show in valid for future use, having the vendor stamp it does not prevent t me from reusing it to get more raffle tickets. I know they each have a stamp I was the first person to use their stamp at nearly all of the 7 stores I visited yesterday.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Also "getting LFS to talk to customers about MACNA", I think there needs to be better education to the LFS as all but two of them said nothing about MACNA and expected me to buy something to get a stamp, then when I didn't (because I had a 7 hour driving day planned) were shove offish about the stamp. Tropical Pet Oasis, Aquatic Art and Fluid were the only ones to stamp with no issue and I brought up MACNA to them to start the conversation. Cool promotion but laying ground work prevents things like this from happening. A stamp from the LFS on my receipts that have their store name and date on it does nothing to prevent me from reusing them for raffle tickets. The raffle desk stamping it with a single unique stamp does though. Making me go back out to get stamps, another 7 hours of driving and $50 in gas because nobody bothered to educate the vendors on how to run a promotion correctly for just seems crazy. Especially when the reason for me to do it actually doesn't prevent what you are trying to prevent. I will go get the stamps and had I said nothing about the raffle table stamping receipts would have been able to get as many raffle tickets as I wanted. You are welcome for the advice as I am sure you will now have a unique stamp at the raffle table to prevent reuse of receipts making the stamp from LFS on receipt a mute point.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Also rules subject to change at anytime is good and already has been used as I visited valley pets and purchased fish BEFORE they were removed from the promotion for losing their stamp, but my receipt is invalid so its understandable why I might be frustrated at the fact of changing rules to favor Denver people IMO.

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LeviK;318020 said:
Also "getting LFS to talk to customers about MACNA", I think there needs to be better education to the LFS as all but two of them said nothing about MACNA and expected me to buy something to get a stamp, then when I didn't (because I had a 7 hour driving day planned) were shove offish about the stamp. Tropical Pet Oasis, Aquatic Art and Fluid were the only ones to stamp with no issue and I brought up MACNA to them to start the conversation. Cool promotion but laying ground work prevents things like this from happening. A stamp from the LFS on my receipts that have their store name and date on it does nothing to prevent me from reusing them for raffle tickets. The raffle desk stamping it with a single unique stamp does though. Making me go back out to get stamps, another 7 hours of driving and $50 in gas because nobody bothered to educate the vendors on how to run a promotion correctly for just seems crazy. Especially when the reason for me to do it actually doesn't prevent what you are trying to prevent. I will go get the stamps and had I said nothing about the raffle table stamping receipts would have been able to get as many raffle tickets as I wanted. You are welcome for the advice as I am sure you will now have a unique stamp at the raffle table to prevent reuse of receipts making the stamp from LFS on receipt a mute point.
Hey Levi,

That's been done.... both verbally and with detailed written instructions. That doesn't mean that owners necessarily retained that info. It also may not have been communicated to all staff members... again.. an education process that needs to take place. Thanks for letting us know so that we can remind LFS how the promotion works.

We have already established procedures for preventing re-use. You will get to retain the original receipt, particularly if you bought something that has a warranty, however it can not be re-used for tickets once presented. That information was shared with LFS as well. I'm sorry that you had a poor experience... however it takes the cooperation of both parties. You as the consumer must ask for the stamp, and the store must know the rules. Each store has received those verbally as well as in written form.

-Rob

Rob Mougey
Chair, MACNA 2014

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LeviK;318021 said:
Also rules subject to change at anytime is good and already has been used as I visited valley pets and purchased fish BEFORE they were removed from the promotion for losing their stamp, but my receipt is invalid so its understandable why I might be frustrated at the fact of changing rules to favor Denver people IMO.
If you have an existing stamped receipt, it will be honored. However as they lost their stamps, no further items can be validated. If a Northern store looses their stamps, they will be removed as well. Carelessness has no geographical boundaries.

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LeviK;318019 said:
I have to give my receipt to the raffle desk to get tickets, they can stamp to show in valid for future use, having the vendor stamp it does not prevent t me from reusing it to get more raffle tickets. I know they each have a stamp I was the first person to use their stamp at nearly all of the 7 stores I visited yesterday.
As I mentioned earlier, we already have a process to prevent re-use... it was designed into the program, which you will see when you show up for tickets.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
MACNA2014;318025 said:
As I mentioned earlier, we already have a process to prevent re-use... it was designed into the program, which you will see when you show up for tickets.
Thanks for the response.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
question....

If the goal of the stamping is to help promote MACNA and education why are stores not automatically stamping everyone and then explaining it?

If I have to ask for a stamp then it is asumed I am aware of MACNA and need nothing but to buy. How are they spreading the word if noone knows about the stamping but "us" on the forums and random over hearers in stores?

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
MACNA2014;318023 said:
Hey Levi,

That's been done.... both verbally and with detailed written instructions. That doesn't mean that owners necessarily retained that info. It also may not have been communicated to all staff members... again.. an education process that needs to take place. Thanks for letting us know so that we can remind LFS how the promotion works.

We have already established procedures for preventing re-use. You will get to retain the original receipt, particularly if you bought something that has a warranty, however it can not be re-used for tickets once presented. That information was shared with LFS as well. I'm sorry that you had a poor experience... however it takes the cooperation of both parties. You as the consumer must ask for the stamp, and the store must know the rules. Each store has received those verbally as well as in written form.

-Rob

Rob Mougey
Chair, MACNA 2014
"As the consumer must ask for the stamp" this directly contradicts what you said about stores promoting and educating customers about MACNA to get people outside of our forum excited and wanting to attend. Actually going back through my head and watching all the stores stamp my stamp card for the fish hunt, I was the first person for all 7 stores on July 11th. I agree that better education to the stores is needed to truly do what the idea of promoting MACNA was all about. Hopefully my $50 in gas and another 7 hours of driving pays off so that nobody else has to deal with this same issue. Please let the LFS know asap how this works or how you want it working and save non club members the hassle and stress.

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Holy crap guys... this is supposed to be FUN!

If you don't want a chance to win free stuff or don't want to get drawing ticket rebates. Don't participate!!

The rules are clearly posted for both the consumer and the retailer. It's up to both parties to make it work.

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
bush8984;318048 said:
question....

If the goal of the stamping is to help promote MACNA and education why are stores not automatically stamping everyone and then explaining it?

If I have to ask for a stamp then it is asumed I am aware of MACNA and need nothing but to buy. How are they spreading the word if noone knows about the stamping but "us" on the forums and random over hearers in stores?
Because you are conflating several items. Stamps have nothing to do with promoting MACNA. Stamps are rewards for folks who know about MACNA and visit LFS. Getting club members to visit LFS encourages them to see a benefit for talking about MACNA. It's called marketing.

The rules are clearly posted... the retailers have the info.

It requires both parties to fulfill their roles. It's not that hard.... honest. Remember.. this is supposed to be FUN!!

If you find an LFS that isn't doing what they are supposed to, please let us know... we'll remind them.. again.

If you choose to participate.... ask for a card if you don't already have one... ask for a stamp for your card to win free stuff.... if you buy something... ask for a stamp on the receipt... and while you are there... share your excitement about MACNA. :)

It's a hobby.... enjoy it and have some fun along the way.... come to MACNA and be blown away by the cool stuff.... listen to the speakers and gain knowledge... share yours with other attendees. And if you are lucky, you could win a $15K custom tank delivered to your home, an $8000 300g Deep Dimension complete setup, Apex Gold bundles, Radions, Vortechs, AI lights, Gift certificates, more stuff than you can shake a stick at. And then there are all the freebies from exhibitors just for showing up.... how fun!

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LeviK;318053 said:
"As the consumer must ask for the stamp" this directly contradicts what you said about stores promoting and educating customers about MACNA to get people outside of our forum excited and wanting to attend. Actually going back through my head and watching all the stores stamp my stamp card for the fish hunt, I was the first person for all 7 stores on July 11th. I agree that better education to the stores is needed to truly do what the idea of promoting MACNA was all about. Hopefully my $50 in gas and another 7 hours of driving pays off so that nobody else has to deal with this same issue. Please let the LFS know asap how this works or how you want it working and save non club members the hassle and stress.
Hey Levi... I wish you good luck in the drawings....

-Rob

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
MACNA2014;318059 said:
Hey Levi... I wish you good luck in the drawings....

-Rob
Obviously I must be upset at this point because this response Rob sounds more threatening than a sarcastic jab because of getting free raffle tickets from supporting the LFS.