Macro Reef Photo Journey

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It limits it but doesn't remove it. Having all the lights off and taking off my shirt helps, still need a filter though! Its also very hard to shoot straight on while doing video, I am looking at making my own DIY camera slider though.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, fish are tough to photograph!!! I cant get enough light into the camera without causing blur. I took my shutter speed down as much as I could and ISO at 1600...not really satisfied though. This is the best photo I could get tonight. If any of you want to look at the Exif data and maybe give me some pointers it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

And another cool coral shot from last night;

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just got my macro lens today. 100mm f/2.8. Not pleased yet with my abilities using it. Actually this thing is pretty difficult for a photographer noob like myself but I am sure I will get better with it. Photos taken with all AI LED's at 100%

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sick shots bro!!! Not sure what you are talking about those are some killer shots... I want a macro lens now... lol

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just cant seem to get the sharpness down yet, they are not as crisp as I want them to be. I am hoping to learn some pointers at the next meet from the pros :)
Thanks for the compliments though!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not bad looking in the vids. Guess we shall see the real deal here soon.