March Meeting - Physical Live Auction!! (POSTPONED)

March Meeting - Physical Live Auction!! (POSTPONED)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes +1

• No

• I'll think about it

• Total voters

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
POSTPONED

When: Saturday March 24th
Time: Still TBD
Where:Lance (projetx) has got us approval to have it at his work
Groove Mazada
10301 E Arapahoe Rd.
Centennial 80112​

Parking: Please we MUST have people park on the north side of the building OR near service. If you park anywhere else your car is subject to ticket and tow!!

Participants:

Premier Fish & Reef
The Coral Shop.com
Ambrosio Aquatics
Reefkoi (maybe, depending on other swaps that month)

I have sent invitations to ALL of our MASC sponsors so if you are a sponsor and would like to join in on this unique event please just send me a PM!!

Alright so to the best of my knowledge this is the first time that a "live auction" has been done in person, with a whole event dedicated to it. If you've ever been to an estate auction, a police auction, watch the Auction Kings, etc. this will work very similar to that.

Each participant will bring forward a coral and we will auction it off. Each participant will more than likely have anywhere from 3-5 corals to auction off, then the next participant will auction off 3-5 corals, and so on.

Just like any other auction, every person in the crowd who wants to participate will have a # assigned to them. That way you can raise the # sign whenever you want to make a bid AND so that we can keep an accurate account of what corals are going to whom.

At the end of the auction you will pick up your corals from the participant you purchased them from and pay that person. Then you get to walk away with some sweet corals!!!

Please remember to vote in the poll so that we can try and have an accurate count for who will be there AND so that we can try and make as many # signs for all who are there. Also, IF YOU CAN, PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO BRING SNACKS! Let us know here or through PM if there are any questions!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;149469 said:
I may be in depending in the date, I may have some shows to hit as well
It's Saturday the 24th. I know that you and Reefkoi are doing some different shows out of state this month but I _think_ (hope actually) that the weekend of the 24th was your open weekend.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;149448 said:
Parking: Please we MUST have people park on the north side of the building OR near service. If you park anywhere else your car is subject to ticket and tow!!
um yeah I can't afford another ticket or tow lol. Anyone wanna give me a ride??

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well considering how cool the live sales are on the site with only one vendor this should be awesome ...cant wait!

thanks for the venue hook-up AGAIN lance

what purpose does the "i'll think about it" option vote serve? ....lol

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you need/want an actual auctioneer? i have one that would probably do it for free??? it just depends on the time.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
can i vote for an evening time? i work tell 430pm :( butttt i think i feel a cold coming on in the next few weeks. hahaha But really i can try to get off a little earlier.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Has a time been decided on?
Glad to help out the club, the room doesnt get used on the weekends and it worked out great for the DBtC, might even be able to use the camera to zoom in on the frags to put em up on the big screens (if they are all working) so everyone can see what they are bidding on.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unfortunately Premier Fish & Reef will not be able to make this event. We have some things coming up that weekend. Sorry guys, should be a great event though!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok guys .....its not official and im not speaking for the board but the organizer of this event hasnt set a time yet, with 2 vendors backing out and only 8 people have voted to go i wouldn't plan on it happening ....sorry wish i could do something but i really dont know anymore about this than you guys ...so i guess stay tuned