marco options

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
so for now im going the cheap route to learn this camera ....so what my best option for macro ...macro lens caps or cheap macro extension tubes?...pros and cons?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have both and use the lens caps more then the tubes. With the caps your auto sensors still work (ie auto f-stop, focus). With the tubes at least the cheap ones I have you have to adjust everything manually. Other then that are almost the same. With the tubes you get a slightly better image, not a mirrored image like you get with the caps. If you want you can try mine out before you waste any money, that is if you have a nikon.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;111379 said:
I have both and use the lens caps more then the tubes. With the caps your auto sensors still work (ie auto f-stop, focus). With the tubes at least the cheap ones I have you have to adjust everything manually. Other then that are almost the same. With the tubes you get a slightly better image, not a mirrored image like you get with the caps. If you want you can try mine out before you waste any money, that is if you have a nikon.
thanks for the opinion and offer ...for $10 i think ill just get the caps for now ...probably cost that in gas to Lakewood and back and again ...lol
still welcoming suggestions though ;)

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
SteveT;111433 said:
For most macro shots I use a reversed wide angle lens, costs only the 3 seconds it takes to flip the lens around.
i tried that but it seems to require a steadier hand than mine ...

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
nice ...i got a $20 tripod from micro center plus the camera came with another so im set there

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You lose f stops when using both tubes, filters, and teleconverters. You usually lose about 1 f stop for 2X teleconverters.