1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Maricultured SPS 1 Month Update

Discussion in 'SPS (Small Polyp Stonies)' started by Bdk1786, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM.

1. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

For those that were interested, or just interested in coral adaptation in general, here is an updated pic 1 month later of the maricultured piece i picked up. They are being blasted under AI Hydra 26 HDs. Max everything except red and green which are at 0, and whites at 60%.

The frag sits on the side of the tank on a rack so its lacking some of the nuking.

I cannot get a good shot of a piece in my tank upstairs under T5s and Reef Brites, but the color is more of a vibrant mint green w/ rose polyps. Still waiting for it to do its thing.

I am happy with the piece as I do not expect to retain any maricultured colors from when they are brought it. The uniqueness of the tank and it's inhabitants :D 1 month is still an early assessment and I am excited to see what happens.

1st pic then:
    [​IMG]

2nd pic now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frag colors:
    [​IMG]

Fourthwind likes this.
  2. Ghxst

Ghxst Prawn

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing! I like the strawberry shortcake colors while it still being uniquely different. Where did you get the colony?

3. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Still a pretty sweet piece!