Maroon clowns

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay who has owned them and what do you think? They will be in a 120DD. I just absolutely love the golden nugget maroon clowns! They have a pair at animal attractions and they are so sick looking!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I had one and it was mean as all get out. I am looking at getting some ORA hybrids so they aren't as mean.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I got rid of it since it was going after everyone in the tank.

MTMJR1992

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
They are aggressive! i've had two normal maroons and they would bite the hell out of my hands just doing some routine maintenance sometime they would draw blood. They also can be a little rough on there anemones or in my case they decided to host my gold torch and ripped it to shreds.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Meanest fish in the ocean if they had teeth. I had a queen trigger once that would get whipped by them.

The Gold Nuggets are cool, but at the end of the day it is still a maroon clown and you will wish that they were dead or in somebody else's tank.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a maroon it used to bite my rings. Fortunately it was y rings and not my hands. It scared me every time though. I'll just about jump out of my skin even when I was expecting it. Eventually she went to the lfs and I got a pair of false percs.

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a mated pair. the female is aggressive, and they are also the hardest to pair. Even males that submit usually get the dead anyway. Even if she accepts they are not often egg layers. However i have mine in a red bubble (their choice, as i wanted them in my carpet) and while she wonders a bit never to far. I have 3 clarkii's as well that 2 paired and took to the carpet which wonders time to time. Settled 3' away (8' total length) and the third outlyer clarkii gets between the 2 pairs. Been this way for a year and I find the female while she bites me is far less agressive with other fish than the clarkiis who always chase off the chromis. One of the best looking and bad ***** clowns I have ever seen/owned. If we move/downsize, or otherwise change things, these Maroon stripped clowns and my Comet (marine beta) will stay no matter what.

Yes, bites me every time. love asking the wife to help grab stuff. We keep laughing at eachother when we jump straight up when she bites even though we know it will be coming. riot, gets you everytime. Donno why. Awesome.

I only have one. She is very peaceful with all the other tankmates. The only aggression shown is towards me and it doesnt matter what part of the tank. My major issue is she has killed her cost in frags many times over. She will not tolerate anything new that is even remotely close to the nems. Would I get rid of her, no. Would I buy another, no.

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
powdermonkey;330952 said:
I only have one. She is very peaceful with all the other tankmates. The only aggression shown is towards me and it doesnt matter what part of the tank. My major issue is she has killed her cost in frags many times over. She will not tolerate anything new that is even remotely close to the nems. Would I get rid of her, no. Would I buy another, no.
What size tank? Never heard of a rouge clown, just hosting w/ anything to death. they smother. Not sure GSM Clowns are good for nano's

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;330961 said:
I think Bryanf had maroons in his aggressive tank but I'm not sure.... Hopefully he chimes in..... They were big tho
I did have a 6 inch maroon clown in a 150 predator tank. He attacked my hand every darn time I put it in there! Never bothered any fish though and actually hosted a condy nem which I though was impossible.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BryanF;331008 said:
I did have a 6 inch maroon clown in a 150 predator tank. He attacked my hand every darn time I put it in there! Never bothered any fish though and actually hosted a condy nem which I though was impossible.
I like these positive stories keep them coming haha. And would you get another Bryan?