MASC BOD Change

MascAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Due to an oversight by the board the role of President is passed to scchase (Scott Chase) per the bylaws

The MASC BOD has recently made some changes to the current BOD positions.

As many of you know Daniel (dvenson) has stepped down from the BOD as he inidcated that his personal life has become far to busy to participate fully in the BOD. We would like to thank him for his contributions to MASC and hope to see him around the forums as his schedule and time permits.

At the recent BOD meeting the BOD relieved Aaron (Wicked Demon) and Derek (that0neguy1126) from their BOD positions. These MASC members have made great contributions to MASC, for that we thank these members, however at this time it appears that their personal lives have become to busy to participate fully in the BOD. We hope to see them around the forums as their schedules and time permits and we wish them well.

The new MASC club president as determined by the BOD will be Scott (scchase).

Your current MASC BOD is as follows:

President - Scott (scchase)
Vice President - vacant
Treasurer - Adam (amonchak)
Member at Large - Drew (cdrewferd)
Member at Large - Craig (Craigar)
Member at Large - Derek (that0neguy1126)
Member at Large - Chad (CRW Reef)

If you have questions please feel free to contact any of the BOD.

Last edited by a moderator:

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd like to know by which Bylaw both Aaron and I were removed. How many voting BOD members were present at this last meeting?

I am willing to bet that Aaron was not there, neither was I. Thats what 6 of 8 there? I know scott was not going to make it, so thats 5 of 8.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, its the Admin account for the site. Its what some people use when they dont want to put a name in front of the post for issues the BOD has to deal with

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What bylaw states that other bod members can nominate who ever they want? Thought this was a vote the whole club made?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
VI.6. Vacancies during the term may be filled for the unexpired portion of a term by the action of the remaining Board of Directors.

Kind of a messed up rule, but it does exist. The club only votes for the BOD during the election terms. Which wont happen till August of 2013. Go loopholes!

that0neguy1126;195603 said:
VI.6. Vacancies during the term may be filled for the unexpired portion of a term by the action of the remaining Board of Directors.

Kind of a messed up rule, but it does exist. The club only votes for the BOD during the election terms. Which wont happen till August of 2013. Go loopholes!
so you have only been on the board since aug of this year? they gave 2 months before voting u out ?

sent from my HTC evo 4G

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
freedominco;195618 said:
so you have only been on the board since aug of this year? they gave 2 months before voting u out ?

sent from my HTC evo 4G
No, I was a member of the board from April if i remember right. Elections are held every Odd numbered year in Aug.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have moved this thread to members only and I hope that is done with our percussion as it is being done in the best interest of the club.

I have also created a thread in the general forum under masc info announcing a public meeting to discuss these recent events among other things there is questions on.

The thread can be found here.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15745

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Important changes at the top of this thread please read

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So how and when will the vacant position be filled? And who is eligible to accept that position? Also, will there be a secretary position?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We're still working through all of these changes Jack. As soon as we know, the community will know.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;196478 said:
So how and when will the vacant position be filled? And who is eligible to accept that position? Also, will there be a secretary position?
I am not sure if that is a typo or not, since I was secretary before. But am happy to do whatever is needed if I decided not to resign after the meeting this week.

I believe we will also be discussing the vacant positions on the forum as well as during the meeting.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;196481 said:
We're still working through all of these changes Jack. As soon as we know, the community will know.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Understandable... I was just curious!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Juan has done a ton for masc and was a huge assets to the community, that can imo not be replaced!!!! No only with his industry connections but his will in driving masc in a better direction!

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;196509 said:
Juan has done a ton for masc and was a huge assets to the community, that can imo not be replaced!!!! No only with his industry connections but his will in driving masc in a better direction!
+1 -

On another note: If I'm being completely honest. There is one change that was made... And I completely agree with the change. This may be controversial but I feel a critical position in the club was being ignored or overlooked by this BOD member. I have been to numerous MASC events over the past year and never saw this highly ranked individual at these important events for our club including the fundraiser for our fallen comrade in August. It's none of my business but I stand by at least one of the decisions made on this matter. No hard feelings, I just felt compelled to say something.