MASC Science Fair Competition 2012

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;133572 said:
Alright so we have agreed to extend the application process for this until the end of January. We are doing this because of the holiday season, we thought that because everyone spends a lot of time in their personal lives and with family that this took time out of this process that you might have needed. All this means is that those who enter now, are a few weeks to a month behind those who have already entered. If you would like to enter now, please just email the BOD OR PM one of the BOD members. I really was hoping that the added $500 CASH prize would entice more people to enter and I'm kind of stunned that it didn't!! We still do have more entrants than last year which is a bonus!!

It is now the period of time where our entrants discuss their projects with the judges for the next few months(I will contact the judges). Please, ask them questions, let them know how,what, when you will be researching things. Hopefully they will be able to lend you a hand with anything you might need!! This thread will still be open to serve this purpose, BUT IF YOU ARE NOT AN ENTRANT OR A JUDGE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, ANY OF THOSE POSTS WILL BE DELETED! If you are not an entrant or a judge and need further assistance or have questions please contact a BOD member.

The people who have already entered are:

Little Fish
The Fish Man
OatyFruity
Tripple T
Tabasco (greenspoon)
Scuba Steve

Good luck to all of those who have entered, and to all of those people who might enter in the extension period!!
So should we just post all the information about are project here?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup, I just PM'ed all of you with the information :). I may make a new "clean thread" during the week if this gets to crazy with all the older posts in here but there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;133577 said:
So should we just post all the information about are project here?
well since juan said yes i agree but i would hope no one would steal your ideas so i would keep any "trade secrets' to your self at the moment but i defiantly encourage you all to get started and take advantage of the "extra" time you have with the judges

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
The reason for this was because last year the judges felt as if the project could have been much better had they had more of a hand in the process. You gain absolutely nothing by not posting your project and seeing what the judges can help you with. The more you know about what their looking for the better!

I will work on my proposal and try to get it posted on Wed.

Very excited and I hope everyone is successful and we are able to put together some great information and perhaps make a great discovery!

I concur that each project should have it's own thread. I don't know how much control admins have over threads, but if it's possible to create private threads for each project that would be nice too.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Before tomorrow there will be (hopefully haha) a new Science Fair forum with a thread for each project. At the moment it doesn't look like it will be able to be made "private" BUT the BOD will monitor the threads and any posts that are not judges, or entrants will be deleted.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
bump ....just a reminder you now have untill the end of january to enter .....so lets get some more entries ..$500 cash and a trip to MACNA at stake here!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;135363 said:
Somone PLEASE get spstimie some redbugs!!! He just needs redbugs for him to enter the science fair!!
Lol neve seen anyone ask for redbugs ;) someone must have them....

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;135367 said:
Lol neve seen anyone ask for redbugs ;) someone must have them....
Someone HAS to have them haha. They don't even have to announce it here if there is a problem with being emberassed or anything. You can PM anyone one of the BOD and we can pass it onto spstimie OR you can PM shaun directly. It would just be sweet to have another contestant!!

I'm also going to give it another bump on Facebook!!

Ok, just got done with a hell month at work where I didn't check the forums at all! I think this is a really fun idea and want to play too. I read through this post and am glad you extended the deadline. Filling out form for scanning and email now.

*edit: I see it now.

Great. I even have an idea. I'll have to put it up tonight when my thread gets created.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So inner nerd appearance, but I am so excited about this. Thanks to all the mods, sponsors and judges who are making this happen!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
time is running out! ...anyone else interested ? ...put your ideas out there and see if we can help make it a reality!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
a few day left until registration is closed ...get in while you can