Masc site errors

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Catfish Charlie;268462 said:
I've sent out 4 or 5 PM's to ReefCheif and nothing happen, or I'm assuming at least he didn't receive them! When I check messages sent I had none listed.
Try again to pm me. You can just click the link at bottom of this post that says CLICK HERE TO PM ME :D

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Catfish Charlie;268462 said:
I've sent out 4 or 5 PM's to ReefCheif and nothing happen, or I'm assuming at least he didn't receive them! When I check messages sent I had none listed.
No PMs on my end, just double checked to see if there was anything and nothing

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Is your folder full?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ron, Your folders are full, thats why it wont let you send. I just tried to PM you and it wont let me bacuase your folders are full. I got a big message saying "message couldnt be sent because recipiants folders are full"

Go into your messages and scroll to the bottom, youll see a tab that says "empty folder", you have to do this for incoming mail as well as sent mail.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Here is the exact message I just got when I tried to PM you

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • Catfish Charlie has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Same here. I see they are aware of the problem. I'm just curious on what's going on. I need to know I need to know its bugging me. Lol I'm starting to get withdraw shakes

KCCO

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am having a the same problems on tapatalk but only on subscribed threads unread and subscribed threads. I have to go through the long way to find things.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I Just turned searching back on. Everything looks good.

To give a run down for what happened as far as I know

Chad messaged me yesterday saying people were saying the site was having issues.

I logged into the server and saw it was out of memory (RAM) and that was due to a bunch of httpd (apache, the process that sends the webpages to your browsers) were hung and taking up all the memory. I restarted the process and that seemed to fix it. 5 Minutes later I noticed the server was out of memory again. I rebooted the server (twice) to see if that would fix it, and there was no change. After looking more in detail I noticed that the search queries were taking forever to complete and thats the reason the httpd processes were staying alive and taking up all the memory. At this point i disabled searching and the site stabilized. I looked into a few more things to try and see what was causing searches to do this. I noticed that the CPU on the server was having higher than normal IO waits (CPU is waiting for a process to write to the harddisk). I checked a few things to confirm this, and saw there was an issue with writing to the storage for the server. I opened a ticket with Godaddy to investigate but have not heard back. I checked this morning and the server is writing to the storage normally now. Turned searching back and, and the queries complete just fine.

I will keep an eye on the server today and see if the issue starts to come back. If it does, I will probably have to disable searching again and reach out to godaddy.