BTA Nem colors / morphs

what morphs are out there that are legit and not just a slight color change?

I know Green, green with purple tips, rose, rainbow, sunburst (orange or yellow?)

I ask because I would like one of each color. I have green, rose and rainbow so far. I want a yellow one, but wasn’t sure if it is just a bleached orange one.

What do you guys think?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
black widows, flame, supernovas, infernos, and lemon drops

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya they just pretty rare. I know @High Plains Reefer has had a black widow for quite a while, and I have seen Gonzo carry the infernos before. There is no mistaking them when you see them

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya the bright yellow ones are the lemon drops, but no, yellow in nems always costs a lot

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I you want true yellow 'nems, then Atlantic Rocks are for you. I have only seen Lemondrops keep their yellow under LEDs - they get orangeish under other lighting for me.

There is a strain going around town with a lightning bolt looking thing in the tentacles... forgot who had it, though... but i have seen it more than one place.

That’s good to know they have another name! I have 20 of those through out my tanks and 3 yellow ones in this tank.

You are right, they are truly yellow and stay that way. I also want to get different color BTAs in there too. I will keep my eyes open for the lightning bolt ones.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
That’s good to know they have another name! I have 20 of those through out my tanks and 3 yellow ones in this tank.

You are right, they are truly yellow and stay that way. I also want to get different color BTAs in there too. I will keep my eyes open for the lightning bolt ones.
Do you keep BTAs and rock anemones in the same tank? Is it okay to keep them together?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Do you keep BTAs and rock anemones in the same tank? Is it okay to keep them together?
Ya you can keep both in the same tank. Want to try and keep them apart from each other though. Rock nems tend to reside around the lower part of a tank, while btas tend to frequent the top, although lighting can change that too

Yup! I love RFAs for their ability to steer clear of everything else and stick around once safe.

In this tank the BTAs took the top 2/3 and the RFAs (except a red one on top back wall) have stayed on one rock in the back corner.

In my main all RFAs (except for two) stay on one rock at the bottom corner. Both corners have a par value of 40-80.

After checking I only have 1 true yellow RFA upstairs, a baby from last spring. And it’s gold yellow. The other “yellow” is the neon green in the all led tank.

In my T5 tank the green is neon green and the yellow ones look yellow.

JDA, this should mean an orange one would lighten up in my tank right? Or a yellow one will hold its yellow? I don’t want the translucent washed out / bleached look at all. I just want a yellow as yellow as rose is rose BTA.

I suppose that’s going to be damn hard to find.

I think anything is still bound to happen within the BTAs. The roses were not bubbly until I put the green one in. A week later they are all fine and just slightly inflated tips.

The RFAs are the least Nem like whe it comes to stings. They just try to swallow anything that falls on them. Even frag plugs.