Mike's 75 rimless

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet !

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mike I would suggest adding a third baffle to the left of the sump in the picture. I assume that this will be your return pump area. The way that it is currently sitting, if your water level in the left chamber dips and your ato gets stuck or something the bubbles traveling through the baffles will get pulled into your return pump and cause a lot of microbubbles in the tank.

Cheers~!
Jon

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks jon, the left side is for the skimmer and the right is for the ret. I have my current sump like this with no micro bubble problems. The ato will be on the right side w the ret. Pump.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The move is comming!!! I am moving from a 250 watt mh to the 6 bulb tek elite. What should I do for light acclimation? I have never used t5's for lighting so I am also wondering how far they should be from the water? 2"? Start further and move closer? Photo period? Thanks!!!!

120greefman

michael.lemke;72040 said:
The move is comming!!! I am moving from a 250 watt mh to the 6 bulb tek elite. What should I do for light acclimation? I have never used t5's for lighting so I am also wondering how far they should be from the water? 2"? Start further and move closer? Photo period? Thanks!!!!

Acclimation, photo period from a mh to a t5 I dunno. I have always had a t5 unit on my tank and it sits about 8" above the tank and it works great. I have a 120g reef stocked with lps, sps and softies.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That how it goes man, but at least you had some help, I have done all of my moves or transfers by myself, except for the beast in my back yard, that took 4 people to carry.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
wicked demon;73703 said:
That how it goes man, but at least you had some help, I have done all of my moves or transfers by myself, except for the beast in my back yard, that took 4 people to carry.
Yea, your new tank is a beast! I looking foreword to seeing what you do with it. I still need to move the 75 to it's final spot once our new carpet is in. All the livestock looks good so far.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks for all the offers!!!! I'll pm people if needed. The carpet place thinks they have a dolly thing that can handle the tank1/2 full. I still may need help getting it on the dolly.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldn't even consider moving a tank 1/2 full (that would be about 400 lbs!!!), I would drain it down to and inch or two.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The dolly would pick the entire tank and stand up about 1" evenly. I moved the old 40 gallon with this while it was full and didn't even spill a drop. I do think I will drain all but 1/4 of the water before i attempt thus move. If it looks like it will be a smooth operation I will call in some help. I hate to bother people if I can do it myself. The tank only needs to move about 10 feet. Thanks for the advice.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Chris, Charlie, or Jamie, if you can come over around 5:30 or so tomorrow (Wednesday) I sure could use the help. My # is 396-1145 Thanks ahead, and Thursday could work too...