Mile high Aquatics

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ordered 2 65 watt pc lights about 4 weeks ago and still have not got them and when I would text him and ask him if he got the lights in cause he said he would have them by the first Friday all he would text back is no so going on 4+ weeks and no lights used to buy coral and other reef related items won't be buying anything from him again so steer clear of stewart@milehighaquatic.com pretty sure he's a member on here but I'm sure it's only for his own gain.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ya he talked about being a sponsor back when he was advertising on here a while back but i dont think he is ...still
didnt he change his name from the ricfarmer or something like that recently too?

i have never dealt with him .. i think there are some that have had good experiences with him

Last edited by a moderator:

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm sure it was the ones with deep pockets.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea it is ricfarmer I could not think of it.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Stwart has always done me right maybe he misplace the order he is a good guy give him a call if i see him i will mention it to him.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ended up ordering the lights from someone else it's no big deal I'm just glad my light weren't out I was just ordering some because mine are getting old he has treated me right in the past and I did contact him 4 time on the light matter retold him twice what kind of lights I needed so I'm pretty much done I do appreciate the help he gave me in the past but if I was in a bind I can't wait 4+ weeks for lights when I was told they would be in at the latest a week.

travis...you came by and picked up the light bulb you needed several weeks ago. you said the other 2 were not urgent and that the next time i placed a dry good order, i could add a couple for you. i always texted you immediately when you asked me questions so i don't know where this is coming from. i am not an equipment dealer, i was doing it as a courtesy at my cost with nothing to gain. you just said in your post that it was not a big deal, why are you on here complaining? according to my friend who works at todd's, coralife does not make the double actinic pc bulbs any more.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
303travism;104601 said:
steer clear of stewart@milehighaquatic.com pretty sure he's a member on here but I'm sure it's only for his own gain.
Sorry friend, you're wrong about Stewart. He has always given me amazing deals. He's got the best rics and prices for them. A real stand up guy. I recommend everyone check out his selection, yellow rics...yes please.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
When I picked up the light from you yes I said it was not that urgent but you said they make there orders on wendsday and it should be here on Friday and for the next 4 weeks I called you once a week to see if the lights were in the time I came by to pick up some other stuff you had to ask me which kind of lights I needed again so I'm guessing the order was never made and the person that I did order the lights from is getting me exactly what I needed and I just had to ask him once and about the complaining part I'm not complaining at all I'm just speaking about an experience I had but if you see it as complaining you don't have to worry about seeing anything else on here about you from me.And when you found out you could not get the lights I needed a simple call would have resolved this.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;104666 said:
Sorry friend, you're wrong about Stewart. He has always given me amazing deals. He's got the best rics and prices for them. A real stand up guy. I recommend everyone check out his selection, yellow rics...yes please.

+1

thanks guys...what a bizarre post! travis is a client of mine who has been to the house at least 20 times to buy corals, get advice, etc. he was in a pinch a couple of months ago when his pc burned out so i gave him a new one which i had just received and was going to use on one of my tanks. he liked it so much he wanted to eventually replace his other 2 pc bulbs with double actinics so i told him i have a couple of friends that work at todd's who can get me bulbs since i rarely order pc bulbs myself. they did not have them in stock and found out that coralife discontinued making those. this is why i try to stay off the forums....but i appreciate the support and you can always contact me with any questions, concerns. travis, you could have just picked up the phone if it was so important, but you started a complaint thread?! i know that you have my number because we talk 2-3 times per week as i have been trying to help you get your tank running and upgraded.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What's funny about this whole thing is your not even man enough to admit you dropped the ball on this order that's all it would take yea you might have your buddies sticking up for you but I bet if the something happen to them they wouldn't be saying the same thing this is a vendor experience form and I had a bad experience hopefully no Body else does and it was just a one time thing and I spoke on it.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;104666 said:

Remember guys, this is a vendor experience forum. There will be good and there will be bad but someone sharing anexperience is not to be considered "wrong." Thanks dvenson for saying that you would let ricfarmer know if you saw him, that's the kind of attitude that's need, we are here to help, not tell people they're wrong if they feel like they've had a bad experience.

lorilynne

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just chiming in with my experiences. I have bought many corals and livestock from Mile High Aquatics over the last year or so. Most recently, Stuart helped me get LED lights. I have always been extremely happy with the quality/health of his stock, and with his advice about how to acclimate/take care of my purchases. I have experienced very prompt, courteous and professional communications. He has earned my trust, and I and will definitely keep buying from him.

(Sorry you had a bad experience with getting communication wires crossed)

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You know what I'm glad you guys have had good experiences with him but I did not so if you have something good to say about him post it on your own forum and quit piggy backing on mine and down playing my experience thanks.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
speaking on your experience ....did you give him money or something? ...i think im missing what makes it so bad

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What makes it so bad was I ordered some lights from him he told me he would order them Wed and they would be in Fri I called him on Friday he said he did not have them this went on for 2 weeks I went to his house to pick up some other stuff and ask about the lights again and he asked me what kind of lights did I want again (so he never ordered them in the first place) so I called him for another 2 weeks and he kept telling me he didn't have the lights then I find out on this thread that the guys he goes through can't even get the lights I need so the problem is he could have contacted me and told me that he couldnt get the lights and that would have been fine in stead of giving me the run around for 5 weeks.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
My bad you're not wrong, we just had different experiences. I have a 96w and 55w actinic double bulb pc lights if you want them. Might be crazy trying to work something out on pickup/delivery for about a month though. Did I mention FREE?

Edit, 55 has 2 months of use. 96 no idea on use, got it used. I used it for 2 months then switched to LED

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really appreciate that but I should be getting some new bulbs on Wed and thank you for your kind words.