Missing Fish!

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys.... I bought a Wrasse at the Aquatic Art meet up and now he is gone....poof....vanished. Not sure what happened.

I actually bought two, a Fairy wrasse and this other guy. I can't for the life of me remember what kind it was and I have looked high and low trying to find a picture like the one I had but can't seem to find that either.

On the chance it just up and died, how fast would a half dozen small crabs take to disappear it? There is always the possibility that it jumped and one of my dogs ate it, but GONE, JUST GONE!

It was silver and blue and had yellow lines going from head to toe. None of the "line" wrasse I found pics of look the same and this guy was cool looking.

If Roy is out there somewhere, he sold them to me, so maybe he will remember.

Give him time. Some wrasse like to bury themselves in sand. I introduced a mellenarus wrasse to my system and didn't see him for almost two weeks. He'll come out when he's ready bud!

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, that's just CRAZY!

I already felt around for him, even moved some rock around my pump to see if he was dead and stuck to the side of the intake!

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK OK OK...he showed up...just up and re-appeared....WHEW! that was a stressful couple of hours. Thanks for the inputs. Here is a pic of him, his reflection and the Fairy wrasse; in hopes you can ID him.
[attachment=68029:name]

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
charleshardy5;332076 said:
Def a mellenarus, awesome fish, keep him fed or he may decide your CUC is a tasty snack
MuralReef;332084 said:
Melanarus
jagermeister;332075 said:
From the picture it looks like Halichoeres melanarus.
+1 Awesome wrasse. I add these when I get murderous hermits. from my Experience 1/4 will not touch your cleaner crew, 2/4 will do only hermits, and 1/4 will eat everything.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
When I did a tank upgrade from my 90 to my 150 I carefully removed all the rock and placed it in a bin, the I painstakingly caught every fish and moved them into their own tote, and then siphoned out the rest of the water. I was really trying to be careful and thorough. I moved the 90 to the garage with just the sand in it and decided it was time to go get some lunch. So my wife and I went out for a nice sit down lunch, and on the way home I asked her "did you get the melanurus wrasse out?" She said no, she thought I did. So we pull into the driveway and I rush over to the 90 with just wet sand, and mind you this has been sitting for close to 2 hours at this point, and I see the wrasse's tiny lips and eyes sticking out of the sand! I yelled "I see him, get a bucket!" I reach in and grab the wrasse out of the sand and run him into the house and carefully place him in the tote with all the other fish and he swims away as if nothing had ever happened! Nearly 2 hours in nothing but wet sand and he survives to this day! Crazy cool fish!