Mounting frags with epoxy

mwirth1

Cleaner Shrimp
Hey all, so I mounted a bunch of frags a few weeks back with an epoxy/super glue combo. Just was in the tank doing some cleaning and bumped one of the frags I recently mounted and realized the epoxy is still soft? Apparently it never hardened after I mounted them. Has anyone had this issue? I used PC Plumbers epoxy. I had mounted frags with this before and never had an issue with it. The old ones are hard as a rock but the new ones just fall apart. My skimmer has also been acting up the past few weeks and I didn't realize why til now. Its acting like it does when I first put the epoxy in my tank. Really don't want to remount all the frags but seems like I may have to..

Any help or input is appreciated.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Seems like either a bad batch of putty or you didn't knees the two parts well rough for the reaction to take place.

I've read that stuff has history forsaking skimmers crazy though

mwirth1

Cleaner Shrimp
CRW Reef;355455 said:
Seems like either a bad batch of putty or you didn't knees the two parts well rough for the reaction to take place.

I've read that stuff has history forsaking skimmers crazy though
Those were my thoughts as well.. But yes it makes my skimmer dump out an enormous amount of microbubbles