MP40 or Tunze 6105

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also love the wide flow option. I can feel the flow on the front and back of the glass in my 90 when I put my hand in the tank messing with them when I first got them.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
"Was" is the key word. Mines local, no shipping and I could have it to you tomorrow afternoon.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
$375 for a basically brand new MP40W ES is a freaking steal. Which Tunze were you looking at anyway?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I can tell you that the Tunze is a lot bigger visually.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;221375 said:
Well I can tell you that the Tunze is a lot bigger visually.
I'm pretty sure that, like yourself, I'm going with the tunze. It's cheaper, quieter, works with my controller and comes with the wide flow face. Can't believe no one snatched up your mp40

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MP40 or Tunze 6105

I hope you are all right, I just sold my mo 40 and should get my used 6100's with the multi controller Thursday. They are the older version but have great reviews and I love my other tunze products. Got both for a little more than I sold the mp40 for.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;222184 said:
I hope you are all right, I just sold my mo 40 and should get my used 6100's with the multi controller Thursday. They are the older version but have great reviews and I love my other tunze products. Got both for a little more than I sold the mp40 for.
You won't regret!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, I'm really happy with the Tunzes I got. Let us know how you like them.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Jamie, I don't think the 6100's front half could fall off. These are the older version though.

My first impression is that these things are awesome. I got them from a guy that upgraded the power supply and put so they are more like the 6200's. He also moved the pumps a bit (didn't tell me so i am a bit ****ed) but they have huge flow. I had a ton of crap stirred up immediately after I started them. I am only running 1 and have WAY more flow than the mp40. I am using there tuns multi controller and the pump is pulsing at 50 %. The pumps downside if that they are much larger in the tank and the wire is in the tank. On the other hand, absolutely silent!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
How thick is the magnet on the outside of the tank? I am looking at adding more flow to the tank, and don't want to pay for MP60's. If the magnet is thin enough, I have the option to put these on the back of the tank.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The back magnets are around 1/2".