MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks great. I enjoyed seeing your tank in person at the meeting. I'm sure the kids really love it.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Stage one of new skimmer install complete. Refurbished Hammerhead installed and running slightly louder than the Dart but still quiet. Next I need to move my RO reservoir to the other side, cut the wood base, drill the sump, and finish plumbing the skimmer.

Only leaks from the pump swap were on the calcium reactor seals. Had to dial it way back but it should be okay once the skimmer is up.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I prepped some fresh salt water yesterday to drain down the RO reservoir and the Hammerhead is to big to slide the RO to be other side. Luckily the skimmer will fit on the other side I just didn't want it so far from the sump.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Now I want to build an acrylic RO reservoir and salt mixing tank to remove the brute.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow...can you actually remove the cup without pulling the entire skimmer out? looks like a tight squeeze!

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;348325 said:
Wow...can you actually remove the cup without pulling the entire skimmer out? looks like a tight squeeze!
Is that a drain on the bottom right side of the collection cup for remote removal?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Barely fit under the stand I actually had to cut the plywood and put it directly on the tile. It does have a drain on the collection cup that goes into a bucket. Still have to dial it in but it's huge and super quiet.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That is a monster, geez

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I may have killed my Carbon Doser regulator today. My CO2 ran out and the check valve failed. I may have gotten salt water in it when I pulled the tank. The shop I get co2 at was closed so I'll know tomorrow afternoon when I get a refill. Cross your fingers.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;361302 said:
So I may have killed my Carbon Doser regulator today. My CO2 ran out and the check valve failed. I may have gotten salt water in it when I pulled the tank. The shop I get co2 at was closed so I'll know tomorrow afternoon when I get a refill. Cross your fingers.
Holy crap! Fingers crossed.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;361302 said:

Bummer man! That's one reason to go with a dual stage regulator in front of the carbon doser. I hope it works out.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I went from running two wp60's and two wp40's to running two wp60's, one wp40, and 4 Tunze pumps. Today I built a hanger out of scrap acrylic to suspend 2 small Tunze pumps in the center of the tank. Pushing tons of water around the tank now to compensate for all of the growth.