MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Maybe my corals melting is a flow issue. This pic is going to be two years old in August.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
There almost isn't even a gap between the front and back rocks anymore due to serious growth.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;652007 said:
Maybe my corals melting is a flow issue. This pic is going to be two years old in August.
The pink birdsnest that I had, from you, died from a flow issue in my tank. When they get big they restrict the flow a lot. If you end up with any Frags I'd love another. Mine was 10x10" just need to keep flow up on it and trim offer I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I've still got a couple of chunks laying around on the sand bed. Let me know when you can swing by.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Tank is stable numbers check out but I still have the occasional SPS rtn event. Today I went in and my favorite and toughest customer my Cali Tort had mostly melted since Friday. I suspect some kind of SPS predator or infection but have not been able to find anything. I don't get it?

I think as whatever SPS I have left gets eaten by whatever is in the tank that is not visible to the naked eye I will start replacing with more LPS and softies. I like movement anyway.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;660405 said:
Tank is stable numbers check out but I still have the occasional SPS rtn event. Today I went in and my favorite and toughest customer my Cali Tort had mostly melted since Friday. I suspect some kind of SPS predator or infection but have not been able to find anything. I don't get it?

I think as whatever SPS I have left gets eaten by whatever is in the tank that is not visible to the naked eye I will start replacing with more LPS and softies. I like movement anyway.
Bummer. I have a frag if it that you DBTC'd me a while back whenever you are ready to try it again!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I cut off the three tips that were left so it might make it but what bothers me is the intermittent rtn that seems to go away and then suddenly come back.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Tank seems to be doing well. Nothing is melting or dying. Haven't checked numbers in a week or so. Will be getting 2 new WAV and the 1Link soon. So I will have a total of 3 WAV pumps as 1 was donated by CORAL the other two Neptune Systems is giving the school a significant discount on. I will report out on how they work once they are up and running.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Finally got the 1Link with the WAV starter kit to get the single WAV pump online. So I will be installing these and removing the Chinese pumps I have.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Took a while to get the Apex to properly recognize the pumps. I followed the quick guide initially and the instructions were somewhat confusing. Got all three in position and running and boy to they put out some flow. I was worried it wouldn't compare to my wp60's I had but I'm not really worried now that I've seen them going.
So I pulled out two wp60's and a wp40 and put in three WAV pumps. The ability to easily adjust and change their programs is great.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I should mention I have a ridiculous amount of flow in this tank. I have 3 WAV pumps and 4 Tunze pumps.