1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Muscles the Ruby Red Mithrax

Discussion in 'Non-Corals' started by ayaws, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ayaws

ayaws Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

So I've had a ruby red mithrax in my tank for the last few years. Mind you, I've never actually seen him around and doing things; just found his molts. Well this weekend I picked up a fresh batch of Astrea snails and happened to walk by after the lights shut off.

There was muscles the mithrax attempting to pull a tasty snail off the glass! My wife watched him while I grabbed the net and now he's safely confined to the refugium in my basement sump.

Free to a good home. He's roughly 2" across.

Call/text the original Colorado Area Code 641-9243

2. Fitz19d

Fitz19d Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I might be free to grab him tomorrow evening if he hasn't been picked up. I would consider though keeping him as a refugium clean up. Imagine he goes after snails if he doesn't get enough direct food leftover from feedings.

3. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

are you sure he is a mithrax? if so, I could grab him today.

4. ayaws

I'm about 99% sure he's a mithrax. Looks almost exactly like a BIG Emerald crab. I can't do tomorrow night since I have a flight to catch...

Thanks!
    Adam
    3/641-9243

5. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Please give Fitz first shot. If it doesn't work out with him, please let me know. I can pick up any time e this week, I have the week off

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

6. Fitz19d

Fitz19d Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Going to pass to asn. Tonight won't work for me after all.

7. ayaws

Still available yet I'm out of the country until 1-August. If we've met before, perhaps you can get him via my wife but she's NOT a fan of letting people in the house she or I don't know...fair warning.

8. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Don't blame you one bit not these days! Free bump