My ARC 6.25 nano reef

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is the starting to my addiction. This tank used to be set up as a freshwater plant tank, but I decided on some variety for my desk. I modified the filter box with a 4 chamber set up and a 100GPH pump. I run mechanical, biological (Fiji rubble), and chemical filters in three of the portions and the last contains the pump, and heater. I also recently added the circulation pump. The corals are much happier with it. For lighting I have a Current marine LED fixture with the ramp timer. It seams that 60% actinic and 50% white seems to be about right on this tank for the corals I have. Everything is growing, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that my set up continues to be stable and healthy.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow awesome little tank you have going there!!!! Everything looks happy, that shows great patience and husbandry!!!! Nice job

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure about the patient part, but I do tend to be lets say "attentive" to my tanks lol Just got back from MBC and it was great meeting Allyson. What a great selection and healthy tanks. Needless to say I cam home with a few more pieces. I will update as things settle down. Already pining for a larger tank after seeing theirs.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fourthwind;635288 said:
Not sure about the patient part, but I do tend to be lets say "attentive" to my tanks lol Just got back from MBC and it was great meeting Allyson. What a great selection and healthy tanks. Needless to say I cam home with a few more pieces. I will update as things settle down. Already pining for a larger tank after seeing theirs.

Haha there will always be a bigger tank ;) haha I have an empty 75rr in my basement :p.

Anyway nice looking nano

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
greeleyram3;n635289 said:
I have the same exact tank! I've been trying to find out what kind. of pump to use forever now. do you know what brand it is?
I used a hydor pico 100 for the sump, and a pico evolution 180 for the circulation. The circulation pump is at about 50% flow rate and perfect.

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
greeleyram3;n635289 said:
I have the same exact tank! I've been trying to find out what kind. of pump to use forever now. do you know what brand it is?
On another note on that tank, be careful about CO2 levels dropping your PH. There is not enough surface tension being broken, so I put an airstone in the media section of my tank. Solved my problem of fluctuating PH.

Here is what my tank looks like as far as flow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW7RlFF011s

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fourthwind;n635294 said:
I used a hydor pico 100 for the sump, and a pico evolution 180 for the circulation. The circulation pump is at about 50% flow rate and perfect.
cool. do you have any pics of your sump mods?

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
greeleyram3;n635297 said:
cool. do you have any pics of your sump mods?
Actually I don't.. What I did was to remove the stock inserts. I cut a piece of thin plexi to fit the first divider slot, and perforated the heck out of it. I put that in the first set of slots behind the skimmer opening. I put mechanical pad media in front of it. I then took a small piece of very coarse foam and put it into the bottom of the area where the tank originally had the foam biomedia (next to the pump). The area above that became my spot for chemical media bags. With those two area's done, I added live Fiji rubble behind the plexi divider I created. You can get a little over a pound of rubble in there. So far it has made for a very stable system. BTW while I was at it, I put a two inch strip of the plexi along the back to cover the gaps in the original lid. Has really helped with evaporation, and possible jumpers.