My first controller

I just installed my first controller. It is Neptune apex and love it. I did calibrate the PH probe like they recommend. Did not calibrate the ORP probe and the temp probe like it was mentioned. My PH is at 8.17 and the ORP is 137, temp is 78.1.
The tank is new so it is cycling. Also noticed that it will take the ORP almost 7 days to change the value.
My question is where do I enter the values for the Ph to be at 8.2 and the ORP to be around 350?? Or the controller is programed to get them at that value from the manufacture?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The ORP reading will always change. The base apex units don't have orp probes. All you have to do with the apex probes is calibrate the ph initially.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: My first controller

If I'm reading it right. There isn't a way to manually adjust the pH offset

sent from your home

Huskyguy;254978 said:
I just installed my first controller. It is Neptune apex and love it. I did calibrate the PH probe like they recommend. Did not calibrate the ORP probe and the temp probe like it was mentioned. My PH is at 8.17 and the ORP is 137, temp is 78.1.
The tank is new so it is cycling. Also noticed that it will take the ORP almost 7 days to change the value.
My question is where do I enter the values for the Ph to be at 8.2 and the ORP to be around 350?? Or the controller is programed to get them at that value from the manufacture?
Do you mean you want the apex to control your tanks pH to 8.2, as in when it gets to 8.1 it doses a supplement to raise the pH? If so I wouldn't chase pH. Let the tank finish its cycle then get your Calc, Alk, and Mag where they need to be and pH really should work itself out. As for ORP, I'm not sure. But either way you should be able to code those values in. There are a bunch of people on here with Apex's so if you need help with code just ask.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Manually adjusting the offset can be extremely dangerous for your tank if you have any routines that run based off PH. a PH in the range of 7.9-8.5 is pretty normal.

Thanks for the reply guys. Looks like I completely miss understood any type of PH and ORP controller. I thought the probe is going to control the PH. I WAS WRONG. I guess I need a kalkwasser to raise the PH if it's low. And ozeniser to adjust the ORP.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Huskyguy;255130 said:
And ozeniser to adjust the ORP.
If you did not buy the $500 ORP probe you're just getting the normal misc readings the controller puts out. Its not actually measuring ORP. And don't bother buying an ozoner. Its very expensive to get set-up. And can be dangerous to your home inhabitant's health. PM me for more details on the last thing.