My first refugium and frag tank

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up this 20 gallon frag tank and light from Jscwerve. Removed the old overflow box and mounted a new one on the opposite side. Also changed the plumbing around to the back of the tank instead of the bottom. Plumbed it Herbie style to a ADHI 20 refugium. Way overkill for this tank, but I got an incredible deal on it from ADHI. Trimmed the AI light hanging kit down to size, and here we go. Tank running on fresh water for now. Only had one leak so far (knock on wood) Going to let it run overnight, then add some salt if it's still dry. Lots of little things to be done, but at least I can get it cycling.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Very nice, looks good and great size for a frag tank

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;n661192 said:
Looks like a nice setup! The stand should be able to handle upgrades. It looks pretty beefy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stand is a Brooklyn 40 breeder stand from Petco. This is my second one here in my office / fish cave They are very beefy, and inexpensive. Love the leveling feet, which is important in my house. Going to put a curtain on this one to shade the refugium light once it's going so my kids don't complain lol

No leaks as of this morning! Time for some salt water, and look around for some live rock.