My New Tank

Last Friday, my community tank looked like this:
View attachment 9938

What do you get when you combine that tank with Craigslist, Aqua Imports, D&G Pets, Great White Aquatics and Pet'smart in Fort Collins and Loveland???

View attachment 9937

Setup:
92 Gallon Corner Drilled with Overflow
Marineland Tidepool 2 Sump with Rio+ 3100 pump
Aqueon 36" Modular LED with 2 x Daylight LED Strip and 1 Colormax Strip
Coralife 24" Dual T5 with Daylight and Colormax Bulbs
30# of Flourite Red from old Tank (base in the back corner of new tank)
80# of Eco Complete Black

Stock List:
7 Silver Hatchet
5 Tiger Barbs
5 Roseline Sharks (Denisonii Barbs), 2 Juveniles and 3 Adults from old tank
4 Petricola Catfish
2 Pictus Catfish
2 Hillstream Loach
2 Dwarf Blue Gourami
1 Leopard Ctenopoma
1 Chocolate Gourami
1 Candy Stripe Pleco (L137)
1 Angel Pleco (L004)
1 Red Tailed Shark
1 Penguin Tetra (he got evicted from my wife's tank after killing an Angel, Penguin Tetra and 2 Rummy Nose Tetras)

No CO2 yet. Still thinking about that. The main focus is the fish and I keep seeing horror stories about CO2 system failures and suffocating all the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank looks great.

If you (or anyone) needs more flourite gravel (mostly black with dark red mixed in...it is used...maybe 6-8 months of use) I have about 50 lbs you can have. Also have a nice piece of dark, heavy, drift wood with java ferns growing on it someone can have too.

rockys_pride;205517 said:
Nice.

Without CO2, all I grew was algae, my plants died. Without UV, my water was green. I think planted tanks are way harder than salt, my hat's off to you for doing way better than me
Well it's only been up for about 4 days now, we will see how fast I kill all the plants!

WatercolorsGuy;205521 said:
Tank looks great.

If you (or anyone) needs more flourite gravel (mostly black with dark red mixed in...it is used...maybe 6-8 months of use) I have about 50 lbs you can have. Also have a nice piece of dark, heavy, drift wood with java ferns growing on it someone can have too.
I may be interested in that driftwood! I've got a Turtle tank that the driftwood in there right now is too light and they move it around the tank all the time.