Need a plumber for a utility sink

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
Looking for someone to set up a utility sink in my unfinished basement to set up rodi (don't even need sink if you know how to instal rodi into my house)

Will pay $200

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Post what area of town you are it. You don't "need" a utility sink for an rodi setup, but they sure are handy. All you really need is a cold water supply, and a drain. Both can be as simple, or sophisticated as you want.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just as easy...

Run to HD or Lowe's and grab some sharkbite fittings... Cut and slip in.

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
I don't get how those work. Like I don't want my rodi running 24/7.. The nice thing about the hose hookup is that you can turn off the water. Can you do that if you plump it straight into those pipes?

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=68038:name]
Yours might look like this if you pull away some of that insulation. If so I have the same exact setup. I was fortunate to have an extra open slot on my cold water side to run my RO. If you dont have any extra slots I would just tee off from another slot and throw a valve on the RO input, that way you can just turn it on/off whenever you need to run the RO.

If it is not then just add a tee with a valve to one of the blue lines.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;332194 said:
I don't get how those work. Like I don't want my rodi running 24/7.. The nice thing about the hose hookup is that you can turn off the water. Can you do that if you plump it straight into those pipes?
Just get a 1/4 inch John guest shutoff valve.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get a auto shutoff for your RODI and it will stop when your container fills up.

Most decent RODI have auto shutoffs. Then you can use a float valve on your container to stop the whole thing.