Need equiptment id

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive seen this item used as a sump, most recently by muralreef, before that Josh at Kolani.
This would be perfect for an application i have and if possible would like to find out where i can find several. Anyone know what they are they originally used for? And hopefully where to find more?

View attachment 23195

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That's my pic. I bought mine from Josh. He called it a tomato bin. I assume they are used to haul produce. Check local farm supply shops.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
aztecdreams;346863 said:
I use one as a sump also. I got mine from a fellow reefer years ago.
I got the idea from you. Your house was my first meeting and I thought the bin was a great idea.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;346858 said:
That's my pic. I bought mine from Josh. He called it a tomato bin. I assume they are used to haul produce. Check local farm supply shops.
Yep, i stole the picture from your build thread, I almost bought it when he had it up for sale. Do you still have it?

I have found them online under a few different names. Seems like they are used alot for produce shipping, i.e. Tomato bin, . They can be expensive new. So I think checking with produce places was a good idea, as i hope to find a few used. So if anybody has seen these around shoot me a pm.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Still the sump at school. I still like it. The only problem I had with it was the walls don't go straight up they kind of flare out so I couldn't cut acrylic for baffles.

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you could look for me next time you get a free minute and see if there are any brand names or info on it, i would super appreciate it.