Need Ethernet/IP/VoIP/TDM Nerds ASAP!

My company is trying to fill multiple technical jobs in the Denver area. Most of these are in our Service Provisioning and Maintenance groups. Cisco or Juniper experience a plus. Would consider someone working remotely (remote city) if they have the right existing skills. If you know any nerds looking for work, they need to check this out as soon as possible. Here is a link to just the "Operations" related jobs, but there are many more on the site:
https://twtelecom-ats.silkroad.com/...&startflag=1&parent=Operations&levelid1=37073

Your fellow nerd,
Denverhoss

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your first post has nothing to do with this site so why post?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You are barking up the wrong tree here, unless you want a taste of the blue waffle.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Spam!!! Alert....

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmmm. Welcome to the site! Why dont you post in the introductions section so we all know who you are. :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
A few thoughts:

- Not everyone is as dedicated (Crazed?) when it comes to posting.
- If you check out the old RC MASC pages, as well as the DARC pages there, you'll find several posts started by him over the past few years
- The jobs link is real and there are several nice positions, if you are a tech weenie (my beanie has a propeller)
- Maybe there would be more posts if folks didn't get whacked when they posted something that didn't fit your idea of what a post should be. I do believe it's in the right forum.

Finally, if you are a techie looking for a job, this is great information.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;91441 said:
A few thoughts:

- Not everyone is as dedicated (Crazed?) when it comes to posting.
- If you check out the old RC MASC pages, as well as the DARC pages there, you'll find several posts started by him over the past few years
- The jobs link is real and there are several nice positions, if you are a tech weenie (my beanie has a propeller)
- Maybe there would be more posts if folks didn't get whacked when they posted something that didn't fit your idea of what a post should be. I do believe it's in the right forum.

Finally, if you are a techie looking for a job, this is great information.
+1

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I apologize for my first statement, i shouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions. Next time i will do my research first. ;)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can see both sides of the fence here. I will say this though, saying hello after registering goes a long way with any forum. There are so many spammers out there and when the first post made on the forum is for a job offering this is the replies you will get.

So in a nutshell, if you are lurking on the forums but not posting, say hello!!!!!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
True, though many folks see this as an extension of the RC MASC forum.... and there are over a dozen posts there..... it's the same community......

I'm part of several forums... some I lurk, some I post... nice thing about the Internet. :)

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;91478 said:
True, though many folks see this as an extension of the RC MASC forum.... and there are over a dozen posts there..... it's the same community......

I'm part of several forums... some I lurk, some I post... nice thing about the Internet. :)
for those that are wondering RC = EE ....sorry for any confusion as i know most of us are not the kind of people that post there ....lol

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am not sorry, I don't like it when people just use us as a post it board. When your first post has nothing to do with the site or an introduction, then you are not here to be part of the community, sure this one time is an exception, but how often does that come up?
There is a solid reason for the response it just happened to be incorrect this time. Plain and simple, WE ARE NOT CRAIGSLIST.
Welcome to the boards Hoss, hope yer skins thick.

Wow, that’s a lot to take in.

I’m sure many people know me or have met me in the past, I’ve been reefing in Denver for MANY years now. I’m also 6’5” and 275 so I’m hard to miss at the big reef events when I have time to attend. I rarely make it to meetings for any of the three local clubs but have been to several over the years including a couple of SCMAS. I set up my first reef back in the 90s when your only goal was to keep things alive for 6 months, and I built a 2.5G nano reef before the term was ever invented. I’ve attended DARC events, paid dues here in the past, and I’ve been on Reef Central since 2003 but made less than 300 posts there. I don’t get involved in intra or inter club politics either, although there have been times when that sport did look entertaining. So I really didn’t think of myself as a “new guy” anywhere.

As for introducing myself, I generally don’t even read the “introduce yourself” threads on any board, I learn more about people by reading their posts on real topics. I don’t really think of boards like this as social sites, I just come here to learn about reefing – I do my social networking other places. I’m also the type that doesn’t post just to see my words on the screen, I generally wait until I have something useful to say (or think I do). I started browsing this forum again a few weeks ago when I saw a post on RC about why the MASC section was so dead. This site has certainly exploded in popularity since I was last on several years ago. It was pretty dead back in the day and I stopped checking in. You folks have a lively board going here, something to be proud of.

And yes, I do have a pretty thick skin. I won’t be taping any of your icons to my voodoo doll. I can see how my first email being in the jobs section could look like a scammer, but I’m a trainer and my big project right now is building training for all these new job openings. And I know that reef nerds are frequently computer nerds as well so I gave it a shot. The jobs are very real, and I’ll personally put in a good word for any reefers with our recruiting people.

That said, I probably won’t rush to post a “Hello” message, brag about my cool non-reef hobbies, or try to beat any records for number of posts. But if I see a thread about water pressure, photon absorption, or what the heck that blob is in the back of your tank, I might just chime in with my home spun wisdom and questionable wit.

Your newest reefing buddy,
Denverhoss
(Steve "Hoss" Cartwright")

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good to meet you hoss in a virtual sort of way. Sorry for my comments, however I do run another forum and this year has been bad for spammers. I will holster my mouth a little longer in the near future.