Need full time sitter

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone know of anyone who is available to watch my kids on a full time basis? 2 kids 4yr old boy, 1 yr old girl. Cant afford much, 600$ a month is about it, but they can bring their children with, save on childcare of their own. I live in Lakewood, would prefer they come to my house but I'm flexible

Thanks all

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We found a nanny on care.com. You can post what your looking for, candidates will contact you and you can choose who to interview.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definition of a Nanny is a babysitter with credentials at four times the cost. At least that was my experience.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
BryanF;295499 said:
We found a nanny on care.com. You can post what your looking for, candidates will contact you and you can choose who to interview.
That's what I've heard is best.

For my infant, costs were about 1400/month

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel

Most anyone that's going to come to your home for care will be pretty expensive. I had a sitter i took my baby to and she was 150 a week and licensed. For one child and licensed that is a huge deal. I wouldn't go with unlicensed unless you know a reference for sure.ultimately it's up to you and what you can afford though. Good luck in your search!

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;295573 said:
That's what I've heard is best.

For my infant, costs were about 1400/month

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel
Jaime you have a child??? I didn't know.

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm paying my relatives to watch my two kids for $600 a month. 3 days a week only. I've look everywhere and it's about twice the amount.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Child care costs suck. But for 10K -13K a year (per child) and a super smart, socialized, happy child is worth it. IMO

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;295606 said:
My kid turned 18 today, I'm done :)
I can't wait till this is my situation.. Love my kiddos but wow what a chore, daily.... LOL

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
madre de dios, I'm glad I skipped that milestone!! Not only is childcare expensive, but so is therapy.

Good luck, Austin. I'd offer to help, but nobody in their right mind wants me as their kids' babysitter.

Just be careful. Not to be a Debbie downer but not too long ago a woman near me was busted keeping her daycare kids in their carseats all day lined up in the living room. You just can't be too careful. Make unscheduled visits during the day and just pop in to see what's up. If you have any coworkers that have sitters, get a referral. Pay for a background check. It's not much.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
+1 to that, good babysitters are very hard to find. Have several friends with many horror stories with various babysitters, everything from stealing stuff in the house, to getting drunk or even being abusive to the kids. Check and double check, especially if they are going to be in your house everyday.
I will note that we use The Arauria campus bright horizons learning center for our daycare. They are very affordable and every person that works there is awesome. they are worth every penny, highly recommend them if you work in the downtown area. Or even if you can find a place near you that is similar, you will save yourself alot of headache

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;295609 said:
I can't wait till this is my situation.. Love my kiddos but wow what a chore, daily.... LOL

Done relatively speaking... next is college :)