Need help moving 400 gallon tank in to house April 2nd

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi there, I will be installing my 400 gallon tank and will need to move it in to my basement through a 5' X 3' window. I will have my current tank drained and ready to move out. Also need to move my 210 out and in to the garage. The nice thing is that there won't be any stairs involved, but it may be a bit tricky getting the big tank through the window. I could use a few guys if anyone is willing to help me on April 2nd at 2pm. I live in Arvada off of 58th and Ward Rd. Just let me know if you can attend and I will PM you my cell number and address. I will have beer and food for anyone willing to help.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I would love to help, sounds like a good challenge! Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacation that day. Good luck with the move! Remember to bend at the back, use as much of your back muscles as possible with a tank that size....:crazytown:

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Send me a pm.

I should be able to help as well. I'm not too far down the road.

Is the big tank already at the house? You bought the 400 from a local store, right? If it's the one I'm thinking of, good score!

Octopi

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll bring the straps we used on my tank and a couple of the rollers just in case that helps. This should be interesting moving thru the window.

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The window is a foot off the ground. And is 4' up from the floor in the basement. I will have as many people there that I can get on my end. I also have 6 professional grade glass suction cups rated to 200 lbs each. We will just have to move it in a bit at a time and then have people come to the basement as we get it in. It won't be too bad with enough people there.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm 50/50 going to get called to work, but I will put in as a backup/alternate. Need my moving help karma for when it's time to put the 300 in.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
We're heading that way. Could we get an address?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad that went in without too a disaster. Only your knuckle and I swear I detached a rib lol. My favorite part was getting around the hockey table and everyone migrated towards one end briefly leaving me alone on the end was awkward for a moment lol.

Spectacular house, a few ideas I'm going to have to steal for some remodeling in the next couple years.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
pics brah