Need help with new Apex

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got the Apex with Lab grade probes yesterday. The additional modules I will be purchasing in the near future. I am having issues already and hope someone can help. I started by going to neptunesystems.com/getstarted. I followed instructions and hooked up the apex directly to my router and reset after hooking up network. Status light is green, Ethernet is green on left light and orange on right light. This matches what the Neptune video shows. I downloaded the firmware update onto my computer and found my apex unit on my computer to begin update. I get an update failed notification because it was unable to unlock the controller. As a side note, I can also not link fusion because on my apex display screen instead of ApexFusion: Link, it says ApexFusion: Down. Not sure if any of this is related or not but any help would be great. If it would be easier to speak over the phone, pm for my number. Thanks

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
New. Currently version 4.33 is loaded

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Through the controller display or through the computer?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was just able to start updating the web pages. Maybe after that is done, the firmware update will work

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have satellite internet with one cable coming in to the hose which is connected to my wireless internet. The wireless router has 4 LAN ports and my apex and computer are directly connected to the LAN

Shaunv;353893 said:
I have satellite internet with one cable coming in to the hose which is connected to my wireless internet. The wireless router has 4 LAN ports and my apex and computer are directly connected to the LAN
Good. That is what you need to update the firmware.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Every web page is failing to upload as well. Request time out

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, I can see the IP address

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I get a connection has timed out message. I will try power cycling everything and see what happens.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
On the apex forum, it discusses being able to upgrade by connecting directly to the computer. But, by doing so, I will not be able to receive e-mail or have internet access this way

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need help with new Apex

Connect both computer and apex via cable to the router. Type in the IP address that the update program says when it scans ie 192.168.1.50:80

Need to get access to the dashboard before updating

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
My router IP address is slightly different than the IP address that appears on the controller. Not sure if that is the issue or not.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;353904 said:
Connect both computer and apex via cable to the router. Type in the IP address that the update program says when it scans ie 192.168.1.50:80

Need to get access to the dashboard before updating
that's what I tried and it times me out of the browser. Also, that is the IP address I am given. Lol