need help with plumbing/moving my fuge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi all.
I've decided to move my fuge out of the cabinet, and I could use some help with it. If you're good with redoing tank plumbing (and making it as quiet as possible), setting up reefkeepers, organizing the mess of electrical cords that goes along with reef tanks, and would like to make some extra money (or score some reefing equipment or lights) right before Christmas, please let me know. I'm leaving town for a couple of weeks, but will be back on the 16th. We can meet this week to look over the work that needs done and put together the hardware list, or it can wait until I'm back. Whatever works for you. I'm willing to help with whatever I can do, because I want to understand how it works in the event that there are issues in the future. I'd also want you to show me how to work the reefkeeper so I can make changes in the future without needing help.

Thanks in advance!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ill help ya Cindy, but we will have to do it when you get back.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I cant help with the reef keeper though, thats alien technology to me. LOL

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;207706 said:
Ill help ya Cindy, but we will have to do it when you get back.
Great! I'll message you when I'm back. You've seen the ridiculousness that is there now. There just has to be a better way to do it.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;207707 said:
I cant help with the reef keeper though, thats alien technology to me. LOL
Same here! It's laughable that someone as technologically challenged as me has this James Bond system.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Maybe we should try to arrange a time when a few of us can be over there at once, you know share ideas and come up with the best possible solutions, geek out on the build. LOL

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a thought. I dont think your sump will be able to be removed without taking out structual members of the stand.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;207714 said:
Just a thought. I dont think your sump will be able to be removed without taking out structual members of the stand.
Excellent point. It definitely won't come out without removing one of the supports. Had to do that to get it in, and to pull it out one other time and put it back. I'd like to bolster the support braces, also. They look too thin to me.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;207713 said:
Maybe we should try to arrange a time when a few of us can be over there at once, you know share ideas and come up with the best possible solutions, geek out on the build. LOL
I like where your head's at! HAHA!

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My suggestion would design a new one. Drain the old one and break it to get it out in pieces. Than you will have more room to add support

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;207719 said:
My suggestion would design a new one. Drain the old one and break it to get it out in pieces. Than you will have more room to add support
break the fuge??

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New one wouldn't be a bad idea. You could make it sort of a display sump, or at least display fuge. Would be minimal down time as you siphon the water from the current sump to the new one, redo the plumbing and you're back up and running.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;207740 said:
New one wouldn't be a bad idea. You could make it sort of a display sump, or at least display fuge. Would be minimal down time as you siphon the water from the current sump to the new one, redo the plumbing and you're back up and running.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping to not have to buy a new fuge. I know they're expensive. I don't need a display fuge- it's just something else to keep clean, which is tough when it's loaded with rock like this one is. LOL.

But, if you guys think that's what I need to do, then I'll suck it up and do that. You're the experts, so I'm not going to argue. :)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Could build one, or have one of these crafty reefer types help you build one. All you would need is a tank and glass baffles, the rest is easy work!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
SO, I'm a total dork.
I have one on the back porch that I totally forgot about. I'll clean that one out when I get back (it's extremely dirty), and hopefully it works as built. If not, tell me what I need to get/do to make it work, and I'll do that.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Please close this thread. I found a couple of awesome guys to help with this. Work to be done this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.