1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Need some help with this clover coral

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Robbiekrause33, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Robbiekrause33

Robbiekrause33 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

356DE605-8D24-4A14-B6EF-67545BBE028A.png C13B750E-759C-4D9B-8C98-9BDCB9A80C4F.png 356DE605-8D24-4A14-B6EF-67545BBE028A.png hey all. I’m seeking some advice on controlling and eliminating clover coral in my tank. These clovers came with the rock from my other tanks. I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of this coral as it if over taking some of my other corals. Is it easier just to get the corals off the rock and get rid of the rock or can I get rid of them without hurting any other corals or inverts?
    If it’s easier to get rid of the rock would anyone have any to trade possibly?
    Photos attached to see the take over

Thanks
    Robbie

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

If you can take the rock out, do so. Scrape them all off the best that you can with something sturdy like bone cutters. Then dust the areas with kalk (like a powdered donut) and let it harden for 15-20 minutes out of the water. Put it in a bucket of tank water for a few more hours to harden even more. When the kalk will not swish off all that easily, then it is safe to put back in the tank.

If the kalk never hardens, then just rinse it off before it goes back in the tank.

3. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I would love to take some of them off your hands!

4. JZinCO

JZinCO Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I would trade bare rock. Pm me if you're interested.

Robbiekrause33 likes this.
  5. Robbiekrause33

Your more then welcome to some! I am in Lakewood

6. Robbiekrause33

Sent you a message

7. Robbiekrause33

Still have all these frags. I Apologize my work life has been very hectic the last few month and hasn’t gone my way but I haven’t forgot about anyone and if you guys are still interested they are yours first dibs

8. JZinCO

Well, can you PM me. I may be headed down to Denver area tomorrow.

Robbiekrause33 likes this.
  9. kchristensen8064

I would still be interested, I just need to see when I can be down that way...

10. JZinCO

I can pick some up for you while I'm there if you'd rather drive to fort collins.

11. kchristensen8064

That would be awesome. I don't drive down to Denver much. I would really appreciate it, and could definitely return the favor sometime.