need tech support help

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know we've got some computer geeks around here...
I'm looking for some help with a little print job that I'm trying to get done. My issue is that I'm printing odd size pages, and I can't get my computer to relay that to my printer very well, so it prints all wonky. If you know how to make it cooperate, I could sure use a hand. I really don't wanna pay the kind of money that the print shops are asking, but I'd be happy to pay someone in the club to show me how to do it.

Not an emergency - I still have a little graphic design work to do, and don't really *need* to get this stuff printed up for a few months. Just trying to get ahead of the 8 ball on it.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What size are you trying to print? I have access to plotters for large prints if you need, ie. 24"x 36", typical blueprint/construction document sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pm ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadams

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cindy,

... not sure how much help this will be but... I found the on line manual here (https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf435_/wf435_ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm), then navigate (left hand side) to Load Paper, General Paper Information, Available Epson Papers, you can then see sizes pre-programmed into your printer/software driver. One or two of those might come close to what you are attempting to print to.

I believe you can also set a Custom Size paper (which should get you what you are looking for). While in that Manual above, in the left pane (again), there should be a Search function, select Search, and then type in/Search on the word "custom". When I tried that, one of the returns from the Search function, was: Select Page Setup Options, and from reading this, it looks like "... A custom option is also available so you can create a custom paper size...." You should be able to find/select that, and set up a custom size paper to print to... (I think) :) I hope that helps ...

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When u go to print click properties next to the printer and then it should bring up the printing preferences screen/printer settings:

On there u can find the custom settings at the bottom and should be able to change the print sizes there.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;294924 said:
When u go to print click properties next to the printer and then it should bring up the printing preferences screen/printer settings:

On there u can find the custom settings at the bottom and should be able to change the print sizes there.

I tried that, but it still comes out as a regular page. It's like it prints the image that size, but centers it on the 8.5 x 11 paper. Some of the graphics I used in the design extend out past the designated print area, but those areas don't print. Just the part that would be on the cardstock prints, which is good. It looks great on a regular page. Now I just have to get the printer to realize that the paper itself is a different size, and center the image on that smaller paper.

LiquidDecent

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cindy, I can find some time today or tomorrow and come by and see if I can get the things working the way you want.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
LiquidDecent;294935 said:
Cindy, I can find some time today or tomorrow and come by and see if I can get the things working the way you want.

Thanks!! Can you do between 5 & 8 pm either day?

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
HUGE THANKS to LiquidDecent!!!

He stopped by just now and got me sorted out. Turns out, my idiot self was putting the smaller paper in on the wrong side! We put the paper in on the proper (right vs left) side of the printer, and viola! it printed just fine!!!

Anytime you need help with something, please let me know! You just saved me several hundred dollars.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad u got it figured out!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;295385 said:
Glad u got it figured out!

Thanks. Can't believe I'm such a dork. I mean... I really oughta know by now, but still.