Need to add additional outlets w/ out adding additional pc4?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Need to add additional outlets w/ out adding additional pc4?

Blazinjack;216347 said:
And you can charge your phone!!
Hey look at that another bonus! That is just incase you are buried with your head under your stand and suddenly gear you phone beeping that its dying. Gosh these guys thought of everything :D

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like you've used these. Do this sit well side by side on the pc4? I had planned on using somethign similar to separate my whites and blues.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Need to add additional outlets w/ out adding additional pc4?

kmellon;216351 said:
Sounds like you've used these. Do this sit well side by side on the pc4? I had planned on using somethign similar to separate my whites and blues.
I have not, but I am ordering some today and can post back my findings. I do believe that maybe CindyL had previously used them on her PC4s but could be mistaken.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do the same thing. I use a regular 8 port power strip plugged into my EB8 to expand ports that are all powered/programed together.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Yeah those are priceless, got a 6-outlet 2-USB version by my bed. Charge all the various gadgets every night.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;216354 said:
Just in case these don't fit...there's always this option:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Pow...d=1357850782&sr=8-13&keywords=outlet+splitter

Not as clean, but it gets the job done. I've used them before on timers since they tend to take up so much room on a power strip...I'm not fancy enough for these nifty controllers you guys use. ;)
Khalis, would this work well with LEDs to combine channels onto one outlet on a pc4 for the dimmer feature on rkl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm not familiar with the rkl specifically...but controllers use a dimming feature independent of the power cord. You could plug both lights in there and turn them non and off, but the dimming would need to be controlled either by potentiometers on the LED fixture, or by signal wires that connect the controller directly to the LED drivers.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gotcha. I'll look into that then. I know there's an led setting that dims up and down each cycle but didn't know about the signal wires. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk