Nem split, how to help heal?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my nem split last week, 3 times! 1 is now 4.

Problem is, 1 of the 4 is still ****ed off after a couple of days. Anything I can dip it in to help it out some?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would honestly leave it be. I've never lost a new nem split, and I've had them look BAD for weeks. Try feeding it a small amount of small food like mysis every 3-4 days. If it doesn't take it...just leave it be. Chances are it'll eventually take the food and that'll usually give it the energy it needs to relocate and find a happy spot.

I wouldn't dip it or remove it from the tank. You can try adjusting the flow to coax it into moving a bit...but I've had better luck just letting things play out and attempting to feed once the oral disc looks healed again.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Agreed. I would give it some more time to adjust/heal until its mouth has reformed and you can feed it. Mine usually take 3 weeks to do this. I have had some new splits deflate and shrivel up for 4-5 days at a time only to suddenly look full and happy.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
His lil foot is definitely attached to the rock, so he's alive. Tentacles are like lil spaghetti, so I'm holding my breath he makes it! Just been like this for 3 days now...

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Mine split looked great for weeks then went south fast. It bleached out and the was shrunken for a month while the mother wander d away and was fine the entire time. Now it's rebounding has regained color and is growing. So I'd just wait it out as long as it's holding on.