Neptune's Tropical Fish

I live all the way out in Elizabeth, so I think the closest LFS to me is Neptune's. I guess I'm just a sucker for names cause I went here and ended up buying a yellow watchman for $29... Any thoughts?

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a new store called Fanta-sea (spelling) off Lincoln, its a smaller store but has some coral and fish in there. I would also add in Essential Pets in Parker but they don't have a lot of live stock, some equipment/chemicals though.

theres another store at the corner of parkmeadows drive and maximus drive over by the mall and being in elizabeth (grew up there) reefkoi is about the same distance going south and if you go to todds tropical fish is bout that distance as well

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The store is on the south side of lincoln, in the shopping strip behind the shell gas station/brakes plus. Its a small sign, I think there is a bar/pub just to the right of it (if your looking at the store front).

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a sonic across the street I believe. If your driving west on lincoln, it is on the left hand side, behind the shell station. There is a great clips, chinese restaruant, a pub of some short, small in the strip USPS store. It took me a while to find it the first time as well. The store sign is in red I think and it just has the name of the store. Good luck

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Neptunes is okay, has quite a few fish/coral, nice looking store and pretty nice/knowledgeable people. Just my opinion, the prices can be higher than some other places but again its also the closest decent LFS.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haven't shopped there for anything salt related, but I've picked up plants and FW fish there before.

They keep clean tanks and are good about not selling anything if they spot a sick fish in the tank. I've always been happy with the fish I've brought home.

Plus...that bird is pretty entertaining.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;206497 said:
Im thinking Im going to hit up abrosios next time, but what did you all think of neptunes?
There's a reason that Sharon is celebrating her 25th anniversary in the business this year. She can afford to keep her store open by carrying quality critters, in clean tanks at a margin that allows her to hire staff and pay herself and her employees. It's a great store... but they can't compete on price with folks that sell out of non-retail space. They certainly can compete on quality and service though.

I can't think of any other LFS that's stayed in the market as long as she has under a single owner. Todd's is still around, though it's been through a couple of folks, and Catfish Charlie's appears to be back as well, again under a different owner. Marc Sherman is back again, now on his 6th store... though I may have missed one. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

If price is your determining factor, then most LFS won't fall within the same market as folks with little or no overhead.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Pretty certain that anyone of our Platinum Sponsors can get you the best pricing around. All you have to do is have time to call them and ask what they can do for you!!!

I would encourage everyone to visit and or revisit our sponsors section and show them some love!!!

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Badgervet;206498 said:
Neptunes is okay, has quite a few fish/coral, nice looking store and pretty nice/knowledgeable people. Just my opinion, the prices can be higher than some other places but again its also the closest decent LFS.
Agreed on that one! I bought rock from Neptune's and won't be buying anything else. I got my little watchman for $20 at AquaMart.

i have purchased mayny corals from neptunes and fish never lost one as she quarentines all fish and her colony prices cant be beat sometimes I picked up a gsp a few years ago the size of 8''x10'' for 50 everyone else wants 10 for a frag lol

I have stopped in at Neptune's to ask questions, and they have always been helpful. They took the time to answer my questions, and were not in a rush to sell me anything. I will admit that the prices are higher than most places but they QT the fish, and do not allow them to be sold. I do like that they have the arrive date listed for each fish so, you have an idea of how long it has been there.

The place in the strip mall by maxius has been closed for perhaps a year. I use to office near there.