New 40 gallon breeder tank build starting soon...

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;351189 said:
Those r great looking corals Shaun!

Thanks Jeremiah! You'll have to come over and check it out some time. Pictures really don't do some of the corals justice. Let me know when you are out this way again.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;351191 said:
What's the coral in the last photo posted there? Gonna have to add it to my ever growing list :)
It's wild Acro I got from Seth. Not sure if it has a name or not.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;351192 said:
Thanks Jeremiah! You'll have to come over and check it out some time. Pictures really don't do some of the corals justice. Let me know when you are out this way again.
For sure! Baileys only 3 hrs, we were "near" there this past weekend on our way to colo springs, took the scenic route over the pass by way of 9 to 24.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;351193 said:
It's wild Acro I got from Seth. Not sure if it has a name or not.
Sneaky! When my tank stabilizes I'll have to get a piece from him.

Your tanks come a long way and looking great, are you still liking the Kessil or have you switched to t5 completely?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still like the kessil but I want to get another 2 bulb T5 and trade out the kessil 350w for 2 kessil 160's to get better spread. I like having the combo and having the blues from the kessil when the T5's are off is awesome. Everything glows like crazy! I want another 2 bulbs on the t5's so I can get more par and more spectrum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if Seth still has this particular coral anymore or not. When I got it from him, it was a fairly large table and all browned out. I'd say it colored up nicely :)

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;351191 said:
What's the coral in the last photo posted there? Gonna have to add it to my ever growing list :)

Its an Acropora Latistella that I got as a wild caught colony from AA about 8 -12 months ago. Most of it died back but I got a piece to Shawn before most of it died back. I think I have a small frag that grew back from a single polyp.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;351217 said:
That purple digi is doing awesome!
Yeah it is! It's getting huge. I keep having to cut it back because it keeps crowding other corals. Lol

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks to a few folks, I was able to add quite a few items to my tank. Coral list on page 7 has been updated

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
About ready to get me some Apex stuff. Here is a list that Zombie recommended I get based on my needs..

Apex standard with lab grade pH probe
- WXM module (for controlling mp10)
- leak detection module
- 1 or more leak detection plrobes
- breakout box
- 1 or more float switches (back up for ATO)
- lunar simulator module
- lunar simulator LEDs (the chain with two would be sufficient)
- Extra EB4 or EB8 (optional but recommended)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks good. IMO dont bother with eb4, and go with the extra EB8. Better outlets and always have the ability to expand as needed. you'll likely buy a EB4 only to realize down that road you should have got the 8 and then end up spending more money to get the 8 you should have bought in the first place.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Punjab;353400 said:
Your tank already looks awesome. I'm sure an Apex will only make it better!
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;353428 said:
Looks good. IMO dont bother with eb4, and go with the extra EB8. Better outlets and always have the ability to expand as needed. you'll likely buy a EB4 only to realize down that road you should have got the 8 and then end up spending more money to get the 8 you should have bought in the first place.
Thanks SynDen. I was thinking the same thing. I would hate to run out of outlets too quickly.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I forgot to mention, I have also ordered and received the BRS single chamber reactor to run carbon and GFO. I am also considering doing a little change to the lighting. I have been running one, two bulb t5 with Geisseman actinic and actinic+ on for 12 hours and my Kessil 350 is on for 10 hours. Blues at 80% and whites at 30%. I just received 2 ATI Coral Plus bulbs. I want to run the Kessil on only blues for 12 hours and the T5 for 10 hours.

I have contemplated purchasing a 2nd 2 bulb T5 unit, maybe Odysea, but not sure what bulbs yet. I am also thinking I will take out the Kessil 350 and put 2 Kessil 160's to give better spread. This is for down the road, we will see how it goes. At the very least, I am changing the lighting schedule.

I am also thinking of adding one more mp10. To give me a little more variable flow. Again, doesn't need to happen right away but thinking about it for the future. Of course by the time I decide, it may be time for a tank upgrade with all of these corals I got. Lol.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New 40 gallon breeder tank build starting soon...

Nice new additions to the tank, definitely going to have to stop by on the 19th now.
Shaunv;353433 said:
Of course by the time I decide, it may be time for a tank upgrade with all of these corals I got. Lol.
Looks like there's space to plumb that 55 you just picked up next to the 40 for a frag tank :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;353434 said:
Looks like there's space to plumb that 55 you just picked up next to the 40 for a frag tank :)
Yeah, lots of room lol. We'll see. That would help a lot. I wouldn't mind being able to pull all of the corals out, redo the rock scape and try again. But we'll see. That is a very daunting task. I think I will need to get a table saw soon for fragging.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;353435 said:
I think I will need to get a table saw soon for fragging.
The one I'm using I found on Craigslist for $35, only needed a new blade.

Did you mean table saw or band saw?