New BOD member,welcome thejrc!!

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have a new member at large, Joe Thompson, thejrc,
I have met Joe on a couple of occasions, and have been blown away by his depth of knowledge, and willingness to show and tell and of his cool stuff, I believe he will be an excellent addition to our board!!
Welcome aboard Joe!

thejrc

Clown Fish
Thanks guys, it's a nice honor to be here!! I've been so focused on organizations elsewhere that I've almost forgotten how amazing our local communities are when it comes to reef keeping. We have a very awesome and rare community out here to say the least and I hope I dont let anyone down. It's a pleasure to work with people so active and involved!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the madness Joe!! I know you've been around for a lOng time but for those who aren't familiar with you why don't you tell us a little about who you are??

BTW I have 2 beers going right now so you better be ready the next time I see you haha!!

lol I'm always ready for beers Juan... I was born with a fake ID. For those that are new or dont know me at all I do suppose a short intro is in order:

I'm Joe Thompson hailing from Colorado Springs, I've been reefing for about 7 years now with a focus on non photosynthetics and live food feeders (pipefish, etc.). I've been an active participant with the Reef Stewardship Foundation (formerly Project DIBS) and now spend a lot of my focus as a member of council at the Marine Breeding Initiative. Think of me as a less cultured, uglier, and more obnoxious version of your own Andy Berry :)

Most of my goals and work as a hobbyist are centered around advocating for open information sharing between professionals and hobbyists, and of course captive propagation.

I'm a plankton *GEEK*, spotting me in a crowd is easy... I'm the guy with the copepod tattoo. I love plankters, from copepods to bacteria the floating micro life that nobody thinks about just completely absorbs my interest.