New Chinese Vortech MP-40 I give you the new Jebo Wp-40

Before you Vortech enthusiasts get mad at me and start telling me that this thing could not even come any where close to Vortech I will tell you I would love a Vortech if I could afford to spend that much on a wave maker. Now I will admit this pump is no where near as pretty as a Vortech but I personally just kind of see vortechs as a way of showing off. This pump is almost identical to the Tunze 6015 when it comes to looks but when you get down to it this pump beats it by a mile. This is a relatively new pump to the U.S. but other European countries at least what I can tell by posts on there forums are extremely happy with this piece of equipment. I do NOT encourage anyone who has a tank under 70 gallons to buy it as it puts out out 13,000L which us over here in the U.S. is 3,434.236. This pump comes with a controller which people on RC forums have been modding the crap out of and one person has already modded it to be compatible with controllers like the Apex. People have been using this with a AC to DC power adapter for laptops with adjustable voltage to make it completely controllable without a controller like the Apex an adapter like this is very inexpensive costing you somewhere around $12. It gives you the same wave action as the MP40 it even has a preset mode very similar to Ecotechs Vortech reefcrest mode as well as a pulse mode. Search Jebo WP40 on YouTube to see it in action. A lot of people on RC have even sold their Vortech MP40s after using this pump. It even has a light sensor that will slow the pump down once your lights go off a lot of people don't use this feature as the light sensor that comes with it is actually a photo sensitive resistor that is very sensitive. It is mounted via magnet suction cup very much like the koralias. It is actually held by the mount exactly like the Tunzes with full 360 degree rotation capabilities. The controller is very simple but gets the job done. It even has a button that can be pushed when you want to feed your tank that will turn off your WP40 for 10 minutes and then automatically kick back on. This pump is the same size as the Tunze 6015 so about the size of a softball. There is only one site I know of that I know for sure is selling it right now and that is fish street here is a link:

http://www.fish-street.com/jebo_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker?category_id=35

I know a lot of people are going to bash it and unfortunately I can't stand up for it because I do not own it yet. But I dare you to go on this thread and talk crap about it:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2259644&page=27

I haven't even told you the best part it will only cost you $85 if you include shipping $105. It has not yet been proven to be reliable over long periods of time but that's because it's so new to us but a couple people on the European forums have been using it for over a year. I hope you guys are willing to look into it and buy it I plan on buying one once they get back in stock they are sold out right now these babies are selling like hot cakes so preorder right now. Do not disregard them just because they are Chinese built think about all the other great cheap products we buy in this hobby that are built and sold by the Chinese like ever grow LEDs and atman pumps.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I may be a bit out of line here, but Im confused. Did you create an account here to try and market some knock off Vortech?

Id like to point out that Chinese LEDs suck for the most part, IMO, and majority of my research on mass produced chinese products says the same, yes, Im getting ready to rebuild my 180, so ive been looking for a cheap way out, only to convince myself this is not the rout to go for the re-build. Im doing it right, and that will not include mass produced Chinese products.

Remember, you get what you pay for. Yeah, it may be cheap now, but replace it 4 times or have it short out and ruin your tank and then tell me its cheap.

I personally would rather save and save to buy a Vortech than risk the possibility of an untried, untested product ruining my tank.

No I did not create this account just to market this product I actually believe it or not go to the monthly meetings I do not post threads often but I am a loyal member and have been for 4 months. I think it's pretty cool and I do like vortechs and Tunzes and Vortechs and I like them I actually own a mp10 i love it except for the fact I have to replace the wet side every year. I see where your coming from but there are actually people out there willing to take a risk like this in order to save a couple hundred bucks. I was just trying to save penny pinchers like me a couple bucks. I'm sorry that you so strongly disagree. I do however appreciate your oppinion.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
My apologies for the comment about just creating your account, this was just your first post according to your post count, hense my conclusion. Its not that I disagree, trust me, I like to save a buck just as much as the next reefer, just with my upcoming build Ive done alot, and I say ALOT of research on more "cost affective" products and Ive read far too many horror stories about a chinese LED burining a house down, or a chinese pump shorting out and causing an electrical fire or serious electricution to a child. Theres been toddlers seriously injured by stray currents, theres been numorus house fires, tank crashes, ect. all resulting from a poorly made mass produced Chinese product. Until these types of products are better tested for our type of use I would stay away.
IMO its not worth the couple hundred dollars you may save when you factor in everyhting there is to risk. Did you know Chinese manufacturers will build anything to spec if you can send them a spec? Doesnt mean they have tested their product or met any fo the guildlines of the product they are trying to replicate, all they do is replicate it, the rest is on you.

ReefCheif;231689 said:
My apologies for the comment about just creating your account, this was just your first post according to your post count, hense my conclusion. Its not that I disagree, trust me, I like to save a buck just as much as the next reefer, just with my upcoming build Ive done alot, and I say ALOT of research on more "cost affective" products and Ive read far too many horror stories about a chinese LED burining a house down, or a chinese pump shorting out and causing an electrical fire or serious electricution to a child. Theres been toddlers seriously injured by stray currents, theres been numorus house fires, tank crashes, ect. all resulting from a poorly made mass produced Chinese product. Until these types of products are better tested for our type of use I would stay away.
IMO its not worth the couple hundred dollars you may save when you factor in everyhting there is to risk. Did you know Chinese manufacturers will build anything to spec if you can send them a spec? Doesnt mean they have tested their product or met any fo the guildlines of the product they are trying to replicate, all they do is replicate it, the rest is on you.
Couldn't have said it better!
+1

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I really like the Chinese Evo's especially for the price and I have to agree with you on the vortech's they are extremely expensive and if there is an alternative I would go for it also let me know how you like the Chinese version, I'm interested.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Yea I would like to see the results too... I hate china, Chinese products and especially Chinese LEDs but I would admit they actually have a few features I really like, like the rotation to me that's one thing Ecotech doesn't have that I would really like. One drawback is it burns 3x the power but let's face it what's 40watts in a reef tank lol. Keep us posted. When do you get yours? Where are u located? I might want to drop by and take a look at it in action.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Reading through the thread. I am about to order 2 right now. Still looking for some more info on how exactly it works with the Apex. But from what I see so far, you remove the light sensor and hook up a 1-10vDC connector instead.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Let us know what you think about them. Im more curious about the long term. How will it hold up in saltwater? Whats the life span as apposed to a vortech or tunze?

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kalgra;231865 said:
Totally shouldnt they call it a Chinese Tunze? its nothing like a Vortech.
+1
One reason I got the Vortechs was to get rid of extra cords going into my tank.
I wouldn't mind trying one of these but it's nothing like a Vortech from what I can see.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just give it a few years till the patent expires on the mps and then you will really see some knock offs come out that are half the price.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, so after reading the rc thead this pump seems decent. Quiet like a tunze with programming options of a mp. Too bad they dont work on 3/4" glass.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. physically it is like a Tunze. But the programing is like a Vortech.

I saw a lot of people who had some mod's to get it to work on thicker glass.